News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Best of GSV weather; the ominous, strange, and beautiful

Started by STLmapboy, June 12, 2020, 06:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STLmapboy

I found this rainbow on I-10 east of Van Horn, TX, against a massive 2015 rainstorm. The sun coming from behind just makes it all better.

https://www.google.pl/maps/@31.0446664,-104.7712242,3a,75y,79.08h,96.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfsWHaAB2BEklz94d5lIWMA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Any other great Street View weather captures?
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

webny99

Wow, that is magical. We do already have a thread for crazy things found in Street View, if you wanted to post this there as well.

STLmapboy

Quote from: webny99 on June 12, 2020, 11:07:59 PM
Wow, that is magical. We do already have a thread for crazy things found in Street View, if you wanted to post this there as well.

Brilliant, I'll do that.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

CoreySamson

Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

CoreySamson

My Route Log
My Clinches

CoreySamson

My Route Log
My Clinches

jakeroot

Google managed to capture a huge thunderstorm moving across the Cascade Foothills southeast of Seattle back in May 2012:

https://goo.gl/maps/zxzSu8bEGs2Bc2zh7

I don't know why I always remember this particular GSV. Glad someone thought to create a topic for this kind of stuff.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: STLmapboy on June 13, 2020, 02:00:22 PM
Quote from: webny99 on June 12, 2020, 11:07:59 PM

Brilliant, I'll do that.

This is some pretty interesting stuff, though, I think it warrants its own thread.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

CoreySamson

Flash flooding in Van Horn, TX on US-90 (presumably from the same storm the OP found). Very interesting how most of this thread has locations in west Texas and New Mexico. Is the weather over there unpredictable, or is Google just going over there at the times of year when thunderstorms are most likely to happen?

My Route Log
My Clinches

SkyPesos

Flood that closed MO 94, SB lanes of US 67 and a gas station in northeastern St Charles county.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.