News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Non-road dreams

Started by Roadgeekteen, June 27, 2021, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

What are the most interesting dreams that you have ever had?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

I have one dream that repeats a lot where I'm back in the Target Store I worked at as Loss Prevention (Assets Protection if you prefer Target-speak) from 2001-04.  I'm always the same age I am now and at the same status in life.  I'll end up getting a really good floor surveillance shoplift apprehension which is when I wake up.  Usually drowsy enough that it doesn't hit me for a minute or two that it wasn't real.  I noticed that if my staff hasn't gotten a case in awhile and I'm stressed out about it tends to bring this dream on.

kurumi

I was joining some friends in a cafe; they squeezed over to make room at the table, but I needed to find a chair.

In the way dreams go, I kept looking, from room to room, and eventually climbed some stairs at the far end to the third floor.

The door opened up into a modern church sanctuary, with vaulted ceiling, and an altar in the middle. No one was present, but the lights were on. A snack bar stood next to the altar, with wire racks of off-brand potato chips. I looked up and an angel descended, in bright white garments, her face veiled in golden webs. As she drew closer, her face became visible: a single large eye surrounded by eight smaller ones. It seemed very important to not let her get too close. Then the dream ended.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Ned Weasel

Probably the most poetic dream I've ever had:

I was in a meeting room with some people from both college and a past job.  These are people whose views and/or actions I found to be very unethical in real life.  They were getting food out of a refrigerator to have a group lunch meeting.  It was ground meat with some pasta and a few side dishes.  I found out the meat was ground human.  I didn't know who the meat was, but I knew it was definitely human nonetheless.  How did I know?  Trust me, I knew what was up.  I didn't want to eat it.  I was kind of disgusted and just wanted to get the hell out of there.  A deadline was approaching.  Was the meat going to spoil, or were we about to get busted by some auditors or whoever?  I don't know, but one of the people there had a hurried, slightly concerned expression, and said, "We gotta get these people eaten!"  I woke up.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Scott5114

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 06, 2021, 03:43:03 PM
Quote from: interstatefan990 on May 06, 2021, 02:01:49 PM
Quote from: kphoger on May 06, 2021, 01:46:29 PM
You must have strange nightmares.

Aren't all nightmares and dreams strange? When was the last time you had one that could reasonably happen in real life?

I had a dream last night that I had lost my wallet and keys in a restaurant somewhere in Norman. Joe Biden was there eating and tried to get me to come over and talk but I blew him off because I was so worried about my stuff.

So I guess that could theoretically happen, but it's not likely to.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.