News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Ford's Garage

Started by roadman65, July 02, 2021, 11:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Has a restaurant named Ford's Garage yet opened in your area?  Florida has quiet a few and have not yet tried it yet, but heard good things about it.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Flint1979

We have one in Dearborn that is in the shadow of Ford's World HQ's.

jakeroot

I have been to the Fishers, IN location.

It was good! I liked the music. The combined indoor/outdoor space was neat.

kevinb1994

Quote from: roadman65 on July 02, 2021, 11:39:49 PM
Has a restaurant named Ford's Garage yet opened in your area?  Florida has quiet a few and have not yet tried it yet, but heard good things about it.
Have not been there either. There is one at Bozard Ford Lincoln. Closest one.

1995hoo

I've been to one in Cape Coral. It was decent and I liked the various semi-scatalogical signs. Until this thread, I hadn't heard of one outside Florida.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

roadman65

I just patronized the Lakeland store. The men's room is got two sinks that look like tires with a faucet that dispenses out of a fuel pump handle.   

The Brisket burger was awesome 🤩!
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

ozarkman417

The food looks delicious, but I would have to drive seven hours to Fishers, IN (the closest one to me) just to eat at one.

kevinb1994

Quote from: ozarkman417 on July 03, 2021, 11:36:07 PM
The food looks delicious, but I would have to drive seven hours to Fishers, IN (the closest one to me) just to eat at one.
Maybe you'll get one in your area someday.

Henry

Any chance this is owned by the car company?

(I hope some locations open up in Chicago and Seattle so I can check them out and see what it's all about! This coming from a longtime Chevy guy who also drove an Explorer for a few years...)
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

kevinb1994

Quote from: Henry on July 05, 2021, 08:02:37 PM
Any chance this is owned by the car company?

(I hope some locations open up in Chicago and Seattle so I can check them out and see what it's all about! This coming from a longtime Chevy guy who also drove an Explorer for a few years...)
No, but they are approved nonetheless.

ozarkman417

Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 04, 2021, 12:48:38 AM
What will happen is that the restaurant will only appear in one or more of the metros that are within day-driving distance of me, rather than Springfield itself:

-St Louis
-Kansas City
-Tulsa
-Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers, AR
-Possibly even Branson. There are quite a few large chains that lack operations in Springfield but instead do business in that overrated tourist town..

Scott5114

Quote from: ozarkman417 on July 08, 2021, 11:35:19 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 04, 2021, 12:48:38 AM
What will happen is that the restaurant will only appear in one or more of the metros that are within day-driving distance of me, rather than Springfield itself[...]

Springfield has plenty of good local places and local chains, though. I stayed a night in Springfield with my aunt last month and we went out to Pasta Express on Battlefield, and I left sorely wishing we had one in Norman.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Skye

One is coming to Cincinnati-Rookwood Commons. Site of former Don Pablos. Not sure when it's going to open. According to their website, there are currently two locations outside of Florida, one in Indiana, one in Michigan.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.