News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Lidl is Opening its First Three Atlanta-Area Stores Soon

Started by kevinb1994, January 04, 2019, 04:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

www.theshelbyreport.com/2019/01/02/lidl-opening-first-three-atlanta-area-stores/

It should be noted that Lidl already has a presence in the Augusta area. I wonder if and when it'll expand into Alabama and Florida.

RoadWarrior56

I live fairly close to the Snellville, GA store.  I will definitely try them out when they open.

Truvelo

Lidl have had stores over here for many years. Their arch rival is Aldi who also have a huge and growing number of stores. I can only think this will be good thing as Aldi in the US will now have direct German competition and should benefit customers in terms of prices. It could however squeeze the likes of Family Dollar and Dollar General out of the market if they're not careful.

When these foreign discount store chains first came to the UK they were very low end in terms of store layout and quality of the produce. Not now though, they are just as good as buying premium branded foods but without the premium price. We do most of our shopping at Aldi now as there are two stores within walking distance. The local Lidl closed a few years ago. Out of the two chains I think Lidl has the slight edge on quality.

I see there's a Lidl just outside Philadelphia which is close to where I'll be passing on my trip in March. I might give it a try and see how it compares to the European Lidl's.
Speed limits limit life

abefroman329

Quote from: Truvelo on January 04, 2019, 07:51:09 AMWhen these foreign discount store chains first came to the UK they were very low end in terms of store layout and quality of the produce.
This was the case in the US as well.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.