News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

H2O or water?

Started by TravelingBethelite, August 04, 2017, 04:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H2O or water

Eau
Agua
H2O
Dihydrogen monoxide
Poland Spring

index

I prefer hydric acid.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

jwolfer

Quote from: bing101 on October 08, 2017, 04:58:03 PM
Try asking about Dihydrogen Monoxide to the public!! And non STEM majors specifically! Lets see how they react to this word.
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

This is pretty funny. Call to action about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide

Z981

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Brandon

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 10, 2017, 01:37:03 PM
Quote from: Brandon on October 10, 2017, 01:33:57 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 10, 2017, 01:27:04 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on October 09, 2017, 10:34:07 PM
Bleach is good... ;-)
Is bleach some type of cleaning product?

Look in your parents' laundry room.
Never look in there. It is boring.

You'll need to learn before you go to college.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Roadgeekteen

vdeane

They don't do the laundry for you at the laundromat.  They just have the machines; you still need to operate them yourself.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: vdeane on October 10, 2017, 01:43:43 PM
They don't do the laundry for you at the laundromat.  They just have the machines; you still need to operate them yourself.
Well, I don't need to worry about it because I will google it.

Brandon

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 10, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

Really?  It's not that difficult.

1. Put load of laundry in washer, separated by whites versus colors, and by delicates versus normal clothing, sheets, towels.
2. Add the appropriate amount of detergent.  Color-safe bleach for colors, chlorine bleach for whites only (unless you like splotchy clothing).
3. Add fabric softener when required (the washer will tell you when).
4. When done, transfer to the dryer.
5. Add a dryer sheet.
6. If the article in question says "do not machine dry", then do not put it in the dryer.
7. When done, fold laundry.

Google not required.

inkyatari

Actually, there are some laundromats that will do your laundry for you. 
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Brandon on October 10, 2017, 02:11:29 PM

1. Put load of laundry in washer, separated by whites versus colors, and by delicates versus normal clothing, sheets, towels.
2. Add the appropriate amount of detergent.  Color-safe bleach for colors, chlorine bleach for whites only (unless you like splotchy clothing).
5. Add a dryer sheet.
6. If the article in question says "do not machine dry", then do not put it in the dryer.

Google not required.
That sounds like a lot of work.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 10, 2017, 02:35:21 PM

5. Add a dryer sheet.

Google not required.
Well, you've got a lot of work to do then!

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on October 10, 2017, 03:22:32 PM

5. Add a dryer sheet.

Google not required.
Oh come on!

yakra

Quote from: Rothman on August 06, 2017, 07:44:16 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 05, 2017, 11:01:38 PM
Quote from: jwolfer on August 05, 2017, 10:56:51 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 05, 2017, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on August 05, 2017, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 05, 2017, 10:19:43 PM
Quote from: Thing 342 on August 05, 2017, 11:24:39 AM
(NaHCO3 + C2H4O2) - (NaC2H3O2 + CO2)
You must of not got a c on your science final like I did.

I'm guessing you didn't do all that well on your English exam either.
I actually did decent.
Decently

LGMS428
Both are correct.
No.  Decent is an adjective and decently is an adverb.

You wrote incorrectly.

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Roadgeekteen

I am surprised that the mods have not locked this thread.

Brandon

5. Add a dryer sheet.

Google not required.

Welcome to real life.  Just wait until you leave college and maintain your own apartment/condo/home.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Brandon on October 10, 2017, 04:06:26 PM

5. Add a dryer sheet.

Google not required.

Welcome to real life.  Just wait until you leave college and maintain your own apartment/condo/home.
crap

cjk374

By the time I was 12 I had been taught (and ordered to do so by my mom) how to cook, clean house, do laundry, and mow the yard. I taught my son how to do all of that when he was about 12 or 13. My 11 year old daughter is now starting to do all of this as well (sans yard work...that will be a little later.

Welcome to adulting 101. The motto for this class: adulting sucks! Get used to it.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 10, 2017, 03:45:08 PM

5. Add a dryer sheet.

Google not required.
Oh come on!

You can get by with...

1. Put clothes in the washer, start filling with water and add detergent.

2. When finished, remove sweaters and transfer everything else the dryer, add dryer sheet.

3. Collect your clothes and go home.

No sorting required, no separate types of detergent or bleach required, take your chances with dry-clean items, it'll all work out. Your whites will slowly become dingy, but that's about it. If you actually care about your clothes and want them to last longer and come cleaner, then you'll take the time to learn the finer points. But if you don't really care, then laundry is simple. The hardest thing is washer and dryer settings. Stay away from words like delicate and small, and you should be fine, though.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: kphoger on October 10, 2017, 07:23:24 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 10, 2017, 03:45:08 PM

5. Add a dryer sheet.

Google not required.
Oh come on!

You can get by with...

1. Put clothes in the washer, start filling with water and add detergent.

2. When finished, remove sweaters and transfer everything else the dryer, add dryer sheet.

3. Collect your clothes and go home.

No sorting required, no separate types of detergent or bleach required, take your chances with dry-clean items, it'll all work out. Your whites will slowly become dingy, but that's about it. If you actually care about your clothes and want them to last longer and come cleaner, then you'll take the time to learn the finer points. But if you don't really care, then laundry is simple. The hardest thing is washer and dryer settings. Stay away from words like delicate and small, and you should be fine, though.
Damn, this turned into a laundry thread over bleach, my bad. But, you'll need to know this stuff! My dad stopped grouping our washes together when we moved to Fort Smith, smh...

index

My father won't even allow me to do the laundry... He is extremely frugal and constantly getting angry that my family is wasting electricity, water, heat, and the like.

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

cjk374

Quote from: index on October 13, 2017, 04:15:47 PM
My father won't even allow me to do the laundry... He is extremely frugal and constantly getting angry that my family is wasting electricity, water, heat, and the like.

As long as you know the difference between "wasting" & "using", you will be ok.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: index on October 13, 2017, 04:15:47 PM
How long are your showers?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.