News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

CA 232

Started by Max Rockatansky, August 05, 2019, 08:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I visited Ventura this past weekend and finished a couple route clinches I had left on my list to compete.  The first up on the list was CA 232, my photo album link is below:

https://flic.kr/p/24q5kcZ

Of note; there appears to be no reassurance shields south of US 101 indicating CA 232 continues to former CA 1 on Oxnard Boulevard via Vineland Avenue.  Said segment of CA 232 was recently relinquished circa 2013.

Max Rockatansky

Finished the blog on CA 232.  CA 232 is a short State Highway in Ventura County which officially is slightly less than 4 miles between CA 118 near Santicoy and US 101 in Oxnard.  CA 232 was added to the State Highway System as Legislative Route 154 in 1933 and was only aligned between LRN 9 (future CA 118) west to LRN 2/US 101.  In 1951 LRN 154 was extended west into Oxnard to US 101A/LRN 60 (future CA 1 post 1964).  During the 1964 State Highway Renumbering LRN 154 was assigned CA 232 and the route stayed essentially unchanged until the segment in Oxnard was relinquished in 2013 to US 101.  The relinquishment agreement specifically states that CA 232 will remained signed in Oxnard which interestingly the City seems to be honoring despite Oxnard Boulevard no longer being signed as CA 1.

https://www.gribblenation.org/2019/08/blog-post.html

Max Rockatansky

I missed the planned freeway alignment on the first run of the CA 232 blog and added it in just now.  The planned freeway route of CA 232 appears to have been intended as an extension of the Simi Valley Freeway and still appears as recently as the 2005 State Highway Map.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.