News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Funniest street names

Started by J Route Z, September 15, 2014, 12:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theline

Quote from: NE2 on March 13, 2015, 04:21:35 AM
Don't be stupid, be a smarty:

What in the world does The Producers have to do with Wansack Rd.? Oh, wait a minute . . .

Good one!

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

yakra

Eddie Murphy Rd. (That's pretty funny, right?)

Also: Katie Crotch Rd in New Portland, ME
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Brandon

Quote from: yakra on March 15, 2015, 02:22:13 AM
Eddie Murphy Rd. (That's pretty funny, right?)

Also: Katie Crotch Rd in New Portland, ME

Along those lines,

Richard Pryor Place, Peoria, Illinois.

jmd41280

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

empirestate

I guess I don't get the joke with Electric Ave., especially in East Pittsburgh where Westinghouse was a major presence.

Now, Mustard St. in Rochester, NY, that's a funny street name. :-D

Big John

Quote from: empirestate on March 15, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
I guess I don't get the joke with Electric Ave., especially in East Pittsburgh where Westinghouse was a major presence.
With that name, the joke is that there is no electrical outlet.

jakeroot

Quote from: empirestate on March 15, 2015, 04:08:32 PM

empirestate

Quote from: jakeroot on March 15, 2015, 04:29:46 PM

Serious. Is there some obvious connotation I should be finding (perhaps if I were less of an old person)?

Quote from: Big John on March 15, 2015, 04:10:45 PM
With that name, the joke is that there is no electrical outlet.

Ha, well that one I do get, in the case of the third photo anyway!

NE2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Avenue_%28song%29
The song is explicitly named after a street, so no more funny than e.g. Sunset Boulevard or Broadway.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

empirestate

Quote from: NE2 on March 15, 2015, 06:26:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Avenue_%28song%29
The song is explicitly named after a street, so no more funny than e.g. Sunset Boulevard or Broadway.

Right, definitely knew about the song; so that's it, is it?

jmd41280

It definitely is the song.  Not exactly a funny-ha-ha thing, but more of a 80s reference than anything else.
"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

jakeroot

Quote from: empirestate on March 15, 2015, 06:24:39 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on March 15, 2015, 04:29:46 PM

Serious. Is there some obvious connotation I should be finding (perhaps if I were less of an old person)?

I guess it's geographical. I find the street name funny because I've never seen an "Electric Ave" before.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

TheHighwayMan3561

Funny this was the first thread I saw when I got on the board just now because I was going to post the pictures I took today in Cosmos, MN (80 miles west of Minneapolis). All the streets are named after planets, constellations, and other celestial features.

MN 4 is Milkyway Street, and MN 7 is Astro Avenue.

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

vtk

Milkvwav St...

Would insufficient bottom margin resulting in truncated descenders qualify that for the Signs With Design Errors thread?

As far as "funniest street names", no.  A space theme isn't automatically funny, let alone the superlative "funniest".  I think we may have a thread for themed street names around here somewhere...
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

dgolub

How about Double Trouble Road (Ocean CR 619) in South Toms River, New Jersey?

1995hoo

There's an Electric Avenue over near Tysons Corner and the people who lived along there in the 1980s hated that song because of the rash of street sign thefts it prompted.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Buck87

Here's one that crosses the Ohio Turnpike in Sandusky County

Zzonkmiles

Quote from: Buck87 on March 17, 2015, 09:13:57 PM

Given the past troubles with Penn State next door, that county name is most unfortunate.

vtk

Quote from: Zzonkmiles on March 20, 2015, 12:39:55 AM
Sandusky County

Given the past troubles with Penn State next door, that county name is most unfortunate.

We have had a river, a county, and two notable small cities with the name Sandusky for a long time. The association of that name with Penn State Jerry was a flash in the pan for us.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Brandon

Sounds like something from True Blood:bigass:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.