News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Detroit - Removal of I-375

Started by JREwing78, November 24, 2013, 11:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenetwork

Quote from: JREwing78 on May 04, 2024, 05:36:05 PM
Quote from: tigerwings on May 04, 2024, 12:41:17 PMMDOT has reduced the number of lanes on the project.

www.Michigan.gov/I375
It makes sense. The road doesn't carry THAT much traffic, and extra lanes work against the purpose of ripping out I-375 to begin with. It sounds like MDOT is genuinely trying to not steamroll its will over that of the locals, which is a positive step forward.

How many wide boulevards are already radiating out of downtown Detroit already (Michigan Ave, Grand River, Woodward,...)?   Turning the former I-375 from a freeway to a 4-lane boulevard into town should be fine if they just keep parking and bus stops off the actual Boulevard in order to maintain clear-flowing traffic while keeping the lights synched for limited stop and go traffic.

If someone is in such a hurry to leave town from Jefferson Avenue @ the Tunnel.  The Lodge is still available...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.