News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Favorite breed of cat

Started by index, November 07, 2018, 12:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

index

I have a calico colored cat who descended from a mix of an Egyptian mau/tabby and an unknown cat, and she's pretty...mild, as far as cats go. The cat she descended from, the mau/tabby mix, had some pretty weird behavior - she would make all sorts of weird sound effects to accompany all her movements and she would like to carry used bandages around in her mouth. No idea why.

Personally I like snowshoes, they're somewhat dumb but very affectionate, I used to have one of them and he was a pretty good cat.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

abefroman329

It's a tie between all of them for least favorite.

I'm really not a cat person.

CNGL-Leudimin

Calico cats are (almost) always female, so they can't be considered a breed. Tabby cats (which I like to call "tigers" because of how the coating looks :sombrero:) aren't a breed either, as it is a coating pattern that can be found across many actual breeds.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

MNHighwayMan

All of them, except for the fugly hairless cats.

hbelkins

We've never had a specific breed of cat. They've all been mixed breeds, either rescues or strays that have shown up. So whenever we fill out the paperwork at the vet's office, it's either DSH or DLH, for domestic shorthair or domestic longhair. Although one of our DLH cats looked like he had an awful lot of Maine Coon in him.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

02 Park Ave

C-o-H

Alps

I don't go by breed. Whatever cat in the shelter picks me, I'm good with.

nexus73

Full-bodied Tonkinese always were my favorites for looks. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Brandon

Cat.  Taken in many strays in my time as well as adopted quite a few.  Breed matters not.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

sparker

Grew up with Persians -- 3 generations of the same line -- the last one saw me through high school, college, and my first marriage and divorce -- and always knew when I was sad (she'd jump up on my bed and curl up next to me).  Lived with 4 Siamese in my late 20's courtesy of a roommate; they were always smart and fun if a bit vocal.  Last cat was my GF's Siamese/Maine Coon mix -- probably the best personality of any cat I've lived with -- loved to greet house guests by standing on her hind legs and waving at them!  Sadly, she passed away back in 2013 at age 15.  Right now it's just the one dog; but if we end up moving out to Brentwood or Discovery Bay (a possibility a year or so down the line), we might well adopt another cat. 

slorydn1

None, I'm allergic to cats so I cannot have one.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: slorydn1 on November 09, 2018, 07:39:01 AM

Aww. :-( I'll pet my three cats extra for you.

slorydn1

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on November 09, 2018, 07:44:59 AM
Quote from: slorydn1 on November 09, 2018, 07:39:01 AM

Aww. :( I'll pet my three cats extra for you.

Thanks. I (and they) will appreciate that. That does leave me more time to pet my dog, though. :biggrin:
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

ET21

None, I'm also allergic to cats
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

formulanone

Someone else's cat is always the best cat. Like a dog, I'll still try to pet them out of habit.

I grew up with them for years, but cleaning up after a house cat isn't worth the trouble.

(This may change as my wife/kids make noise for another pet.)

pdx-wanderer

I have a Tuxedo/bicolor Cat, so that would be my favorite?
Pretty much all cats are cool with me.

index

Quote from: formulanone on November 09, 2018, 10:32:23 AM
Someone else's cat is always the best cat. Like a dog, I'll still try to pet them out of habit.

I grew up with them for years, but cleaning up after a house cat isn't worth the trouble.

(This may change as my wife/kids make noise for another pet.)

Communal cats are always great. My neighbor's cat, a he, is always desperate to spend time in my house, much to the detest of my other cat. She hates his presence but does little to actually stop it. She growls or hisses at him when he comes by but other than that I don't think she cares enough to do anything.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

1995hoo

This cat belongs to the lady next door. He actually showed up on our deck last summer (2017) several nights in a row and came in and explored our house and probably would have stayed had we let him, but for several reasons we weren't able to adopt him, so the lady next door did (nobody responded to flyers asking if anyone had lost a cat). He's the friendliest cat I've ever met. No idea what type of cat he is.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Laura

Maine Coons are my favorite breed. We think our cat Tom may have been one.

But more importantly, I love orange cats. All three of my cats were rescues and all three of them orange.

iPhone

Tonytone

Buba The Cat & Bonez The Dogg. We adopted Buba @3 Months. He is now 6 Months. He's the vocalist and funniest cat I've met. Though I dont know what breed Buba is. He's pretty smart.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

Takumi

The kind between a woman's legs.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Duke87

It's already been noted that "tabby" is not technically a breed but I don't know how else to describe Aurora. Her file at the vet says "tabby".

No idea where exactly she came from - a relative found her running across the road all alone at 6 weeks old. Said relative already had two cats and wasn't looking to keep a third, but we happened to be looking to adopt a cat. So, we took advantage of the convenient timing and took her in.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

ce929wax

I have a Maine Coon named Sophie.  She is slightly feral, so she doesn't like to be picked up or petted, except when she crawls into bed with me at night.  She will sit with me when I watch TV or play video games.

oscar

I once had a big white domestic shorthair:

He was 16 lb. when I acquired him from my boss. I had to quickly put him on a medical diet, only he tried to eat everything (including plugged-in electrical cords) except what he was supposed to eat. My boss had to separate him from her other, much smaller cat (an orange domestic shorthair). Problem was what my cat thought was being playful, her other cat thought was having the shit beaten out of him.

I don't have much experience with other breeds, but adored a friend's gray Russian Blue.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

jakeroot

Quote from: Takumi on November 09, 2018, 09:02:46 PM
The kind between a woman's legs.

That reminds me... anything shaved.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.