News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Which Routes Enter the Most Counties in Each State?

Started by webny99, June 16, 2020, 10:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftballfan

Among Michigan state routes (if it re-enters a county it left, it's italicized):
M-66 - 13 (St. Joseph, Branch, Calhoun, Barry, Eaton, Ionia, Montcalm, Mecosta, Osceola, Missaukee, Kalkaska, Antrim, Charlevoix)
M-28 - 8 (Gogebic, Ontonagon, Houghton, Baraga, Marquette, Alger, Luce, Chippewa)
M-37 - 8 (Calhoun, Barry, Kent, Muskegon, Newaygo, Lake, Wexford, Grand Traverse)
M-46 - 7 (Muskegon, Kent, Montcalm, Gratiot, Saginaw, Tuscola, Sanilac)
M-50 - 7 (Kent, Ionia, Barry, Eaton, Jackson, Lenawee, Monroe) [prior to I-96's completion, it used to enter Ottawa County as well]
M-20 - 6 (Oceana, Newaygo, Mecosta, Isabella, Midland, Bay [barely])
M-33 - 6 (Arenac, Ogemaw, Oscoda, Montmorency, Presque Isle, Cheboygan)
M-43 - 6 (Van Buren, Kalamazoo, Allegan, Barry, Kalamazoo, Barry, Eaton, Ingham)
M-52 - 6 (Lenawee, Washtenaw, Jackson, Ingham, Shiawassee, Saginaw)
M-55 - 6 (Manistee, Wexford, Missaukee, Roscommon, Ogemaw, Iosco)
M-72 - 6 (Leelanau, Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Crawford, Oscoda, Alcona)

M-21 used to enter eight counties (Ottawa, Kent, Ionia, Clinton, Shiawassee, Genesee, Lapeer, St. Clair) prior to the completion of I-196 and I-69.
M-78 used to enter nine counties (St. Joseph, Branch, Calhoun, Barry, Eaton, Ingham, Clinton, Shiawassee, Genesee) prior to the completion of I-69 and its truncation south of Battle Creek in favor of M-66 (it still enters three counties despite being a very short route).
M-37 very narrowly avoids a ninth county (Manistee).
M-115, which enters five counties (Benzie, Manistee, Wexford, Osceola, Clare), comes within a mile of both Missaukee and Isabella counties.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.