News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

'Our Fifty States' book

Started by bandit957, May 03, 2021, 09:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone remember this book? It was put out by National Geographic in the late '70s. There may have been another edition later, but the one I had was from maybe 1978 or 1979.

I think my grandfather gave us this book after National Geographic sent it to him because he read their magazine. It was full of color photos and maps, and had a few pages on each state. It came with a fold-out map of the U.S. that had an aerial photo of the U.S. on the other side.

I remember the photos included kids skating on a snow-covered street in North Dakota, a smelterman with big sideburns holding a big piece of silver in Nevada, a blur of a football game in Ohio, a sculptor in Indiana making a sculpture of a race car, and more!

It was cool.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

1995hoo

I remember that. It was similar to "Our World" and "Our Universe."
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.