News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: CoreySamson on October 10, 2020, 12:48:24 AM
My town recorded a gust of 35 mph or so.

Huh.  Apparently, in other parts of the country, 35 mph is considered a strong wind gust.  Here in Kansas, it's rather unnoteworthy.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

STLmapboy

80 today, with few clouds but winds sustained around 20mph. Should get colder tomorrow (to around 60).
We're relatively parched, haven't had substantial rain in a while, but should get some showers/possible t-storms next week.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

ozarkman417

For the first time in 2-3 weeks, I received rain. Unfortunately, that rain only lasted for about ten seconds. The first frost of the season may happen tonight.

STLmapboy

Trace amt of rain in St Louis, slate gray sky. About 50 degrees and not as windy as yesterday. More rain to come in the next few days.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

CoreySamson

Hot. Partly cloudy with today's high at 90ish. Typical day you'd see in summer here.

But tomorrow a cold front sweeps down, hopefully bringing much-needed rain and lower temps.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

kphoger

Yesterday got up to 86 degrees.  Today, it's currently 60 and mostly cloudy with the temp not expected to rise.

At a place I'll be traveling to soon, there's a 60% chance of rain.  I barely even remember what rain is.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Ben114

This whole past week has been very nice, including some much needed rain on Monday, as well as tomorrow.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: jakeroot on September 05, 2020, 02:05:31 PM
Holy shit!!! Colorado is one crazy place.

That's unusual even by Colorado standards, yes?

i realize this was a while ago... but yeah, it was weird.. plus we were in orange sky mode all that day because of the cameron peak fire
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

zachary_amaryllis

clinched:

CoreySamson

Colorado's not the only place where you can experience multiple seasons in a matter of a few days...

Here in Houston, yesterday was 90, today is 65, and tomorrow'll be around 80.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

zachary_amaryllis

this is the time of year when you often leave in the morning with the heat on, and return with the a/c on.

of course, neither works well in my car.. it sorta sporadically turns on and off in either mode.
clinched:

Roadgeekteen

Today had some rain, but yesterday was in the 70s. Oh global warming.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 16, 2020, 09:53:29 PM

Which one are you blaming on global warming?
Male pronouns, please.

hotdogPi

Quote from: kphoger on October 17, 2020, 09:57:28 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 16, 2020, 09:53:29 PM

Which one are you blaming on global warming?

Probably not the rain. New England is in a drought right now, and rain is bringing things closer to normal.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

STLmapboy

A slightly nippy 60, made colder by some wind gusts (around 25mph at points). Mostly clear skies. Should get rain Monday.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

kphoger

On my way to Springfield (MO) this past Saturday, I drove through nearly-snowstorm-like conditions.

Because it had been so dry around here for so long, the corn harvest had proceeded uninterrupted since Day 1.  Almost all corn had been harvested, and some farmers were already starting in on soybeans and milo.  Because of this, the ground had a lot of dry, dusty dirt laid bare, and it also had a lot of chaff and cornhusks lying around.  Saturday, we had 20-30 mph winds from the south, with frequent stronger gusts.  While we were driving east along farm roads in far western Missouri, the blowing dust was as thick as fog or blowing snow in places, and the blowing chaff and husks danced across the pavement like large snowflakes.  66 miles later, there were still cornhusks stuck in the hubcaps and other places.

The next day, the weather turned chilly and damp, and it was an entirely different view of the region on the return trip.
Male pronouns, please.

I-55

Cloudy and mid 50s. Expecting thunderstorms overnight
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

ozarkman417

These past couple days have been cold, wet and foggy (temps in the upper 40s and 50s). Finally, I have received a good rain.

STLmapboy

Overcast and rainy past two days, but sunny today (high 70s). T-storms tomorrow and next week.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

webny99

It's been raining for four straight mornings, although the weather is supposed to improve tomorrow.
I feel like this happens every fall: the the rainiest week of the entire year shows up right when the foliage is at its peak.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on October 22, 2020, 03:57:11 PM
It's been raining for four straight mornings, although the weather is supposed to improve tomorrow.
I feel like this happens every fall: the the rainiest week of the entire year shows up right when the foliage is at its peak.

Yes, and with any luck, a strong wind comes along too and blows all the leaves off the trees just when you want to be able to see the foliage.

Of course, it's been so dry here for so long that the leaves are going straight from green to brown, with some showing a very brief yellow phase along the way.
Male pronouns, please.

webny99

Wow. Lucky for us, we've got plenty of reds, yellows, and oranges... just not much sunshine to go with them.

Desert Man

We're having highs under 80F/25C this weekend, it looks like Fall or Autumn has arrived...a month late for us in the CA desert.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

jakeroot

Trees are changing (some...it is the northwest), the sun is out, and it's been crisp (upper 40s, low 50s). Beautiful fall weather, and probably my favorite weather combo you can have.

STLmapboy

Drizzly today, slate gray skies, 60 degrees, winds ~15mph.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.