News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Changing one letter of a thread title

Started by hotdogPi, January 31, 2021, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

The best skis for long-distance driving? [when the roads are snowy, retrofitting a car with skis instead of tires so that you get better MPG due to less friction, at the expense of not being able to turn as quickly]
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

vdeane

PUBIC COMMENT PERIOD: Relocating West Virginia
PUBIC COMMENT PERIOD: Relocating Kentucky
PUBIC COMMENT PERIOD: Proposal to merge the Ohio Valley board
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kphoger

Well, with the latest thread bump...

Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > How would you rate yourself as a diver?
Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > How would you date yourself as a driver?
Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > How could you rate yourself as a driver?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hotdogPi

Zooms you have visited (reply #4 includes a list of meeting IDs, and everyone tells them to remove it as it's personal information)
Clinched, plus MA 286

CNGL-Leudimin

Loos you have visited - Bathrooms in which you have relieved yourself.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

SectorZ

MATraveler128

Loos you have visited. How many public bathrooms have you been to.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: BlueOutback7 on September 19, 2022, 05:22:55 PM
Loos you have visited. How many public bathrooms have you been to.

I beat you by 20 minutes:
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on September 19, 2022, 05:03:42 PM
Loos you have visited - Bathrooms in which you have relieved yourself.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

TheHighwayMan3561

Roos you have visited - bandit957 tracks road meet farts he has encountered
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

GaryV

vdeane

Treat moments in viatology/transportology
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hotdogPi

The worst plan you've experienced (gets locked due to politics) [edit: not actually a one-letter change]
The worst paint you've experienced (photos)
The worst pin you've experienced (you've randomly been given 0000)
The worst rain you've experienced (well, there was just a hurricane...)
The worst pair you've experienced (gets locked – we shouldn't be talking about other people's divorces)
Clinched, plus MA 286

JoePCool14

Quote from: 1 on October 02, 2022, 08:17:25 PM
The worst plan you've experienced (gets locked due to politics)
The worst paint you've experienced (photos)
The worst pin you've experienced (you've randomly been given 0000)
The worst rain you've experienced (well, there was just a hurricane...)
The worst pair you've experienced (gets locked – we shouldn't be talking about other people's divorces)

You forgot one:

The worst pan you've experienced (either a cooking pan, or the worst pan by a critic)

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

kphoger

Quote from: JoePCool14 on October 07, 2022, 09:48:56 AM
You forgot one:

The worst pan you've experienced (either a cooking pan, or the worst pan by a critic)

I play drums in church.  Fairly often, I watch the video on Facebook or YouTube a few days later with headphones on, so I can critique myself.  Sometimes the young guy or gal running the camera pans it all the way from left to right.  But if they've got bit of a shaky hand, it can get a little motion-sickness-inducing to watch that pan.
Male pronouns, please.

JoePCool14

Quote from: kphoger on October 07, 2022, 10:44:45 AM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on October 07, 2022, 09:48:56 AM
You forgot one:

I play drums in church.  Fairly often, I watch the video on Facebook or YouTube a few days later with headphones on, so I can critique myself.  Sometimes the young guy or gal running the camera pans it all the way from left to right.  But if they've got bit of a shaky hand, it can get a little motion-sickness-inducing to watch that pan.

I wasn't even thinking of that kind of pan, nice.

Do they use a tripod? One of the churches I go to uses a mini tripod for livestreaming. They've been doing it since the beginning of the COVID shutdowns and they're pretty good at what they do.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

kphoger

Quote from: JoePCool14 on October 07, 2022, 11:29:32 AM
Do they use a tripod? One of the churches I go to uses a mini tripod for livestreaming. They've been doing it since the beginning of the COVID shutdowns and they're pretty good at what they do.

I think so, but I don't know the details about their operation.  We started the video feed when churches were shut down also, and they've definitely gotten better.  This coming Sunday, however, I don't even think they're going to attempt the video feed, because we're holding the service outdoors.  It'll be enough of a challenge using rented sound equipment...
Male pronouns, please.

hotdogPi

Forgot another one myself: The wurst pain you've experienced (meat and bread go together in a lot of cultures – why not mix the two?)
Clinched, plus MA 286

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: 1 on October 07, 2022, 12:55:23 PM
Forgot another one myself: The wurst pain you've experienced (meat and bread go together in a lot of cultures – why not mix the two?)

1. The sting of hot juice that splatters out when you bite into a sausage

2. A Wisconsinite's emotional pain for dropping a perfectly-grilled brat on the ground.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

kurumi

Lot of off-color conversation here lately! Anyway:

Oddities that defy conventional wisdom - COPULATION edition
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

CoreySamson

Quote from: kphoger on October 07, 2022, 10:44:45 AM
Sometimes the young guy or gal running the camera pans it all the way from left to right.  But if they've got bit of a shaky hand, it can get a little motion-sickness-inducing to watch that pan.
Reminds me of when I used to do that for my church! LOL
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Big John

Dumbest cite limits.....citation needed

Scott5114

"The worst plain you've experienced," an argument between partisans of I-70 in Kansas, I-80 in Nebraska, and I-39 in Illinois as to which is the most torturous to drive
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Scott5114

This isn't changing just one letter, but... Sometimes when I see text out of just the corner of my eye, my brain will try to read it so quick that it ends up mangling part of it and filling in the wrong word. So just now I saw "Municipality/ZIP Code mismatches" out of the corner of my eye, and my brain somehow parsed that as "Municipality/ZIP Code mustaches".
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Poiponen13

Alanaland
Amtrack
Few state freeway numbering systems
Bride Across Lake Ontario
My Interstate Highway proposals
Cart workers strike
Pet on the Bus
Sign conneting
US route proposals
Street name idea
Changing one letter of thread title

Entire board: Road Drips

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.