News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Man who ate cement and catalogs

Started by bandit957, March 24, 2021, 11:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

When I was growing up, I read about a man in Kansas who lived in the early 20th century who ate whole bags of cement and store catalogs (like from Sears and J.C. Penney's). But I did a Google search and can't find anything about him.

I think he might have eaten books and newspapers too. The book where I read this had a picture of him with a big bag of cement, and he was holding a big spoonful of it.

Anyone else ever hear about this?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

JoePCool14

You sure you're not talking about yourself? :crazy:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Scott5114

Quote from: bandit957 on March 24, 2021, 11:12:52 PM
When I was growing up, I read about a man in Kansas who lived in the early 20th century who ate whole bags of cement

I'd be afraid the cement would mix with liquids in his stomach and he'd be shitting bricks.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

zachary_amaryllis

When I was growing up, I read about a man in Kansas who lived in the early 20th century who ate whole bags of cement and store catalogs (like from Sears and J.C. Penney's). But I did a Google search and can't find anything about him.

I think he might have eaten books and newspapers too. The book where I read this had a picture of him with a big bag of cement, and he was holding a big spoonful of it.

no...

but it seems like if he'd eaten a roll of toilet paper for desert, it would kill two birds with one stone. and since that's what'd be coming back out, more or less...

self wiping!
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

jeffandnicole

And I thought it was just the more recent generations that caused us to have obvious warning labels on products.

CNGL-Leudimin

Most likely that man suffered from pica, a psychological disorder causing someone to eat non-nutritive things. The first subject I thought of when I saw this thread was Michel Lotito, who ate metal, glass, rubber and other nonedible things. He even ate an entire Cessna 150 at one point.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Zeffy

Quote from: jeffandnicole on March 25, 2021, 09:05:01 AM
And I thought it was just the more recent generations that caused us to have obvious warning labels on products.

Nah, it's human nature! if you can think it, someone will inevitably try to do it. :pan:
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

bandit957

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on March 25, 2021, 09:09:16 AM
Most likely that man suffered from pica, a psychological disorder causing someone to eat non-nutritive things. The first subject I thought of when I saw this thread was Michel Lotito, who ate metal, glass, rubber and other nonedible things. He even ate an entire Cessna 150 at one point.

Occasionally someone will tell me that they had a relative who ate inedible items, but it was usually because they had very severe alcoholism. Someone told me they had a relative who would drink a whole beer and then crush up the bottle and eat the broken glass.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

kphoger

Thanks for the reference!  I was going to mention him but couldn't remember his name.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: bandit957 on March 25, 2021, 09:13:01 AM

Occasionally someone will tell me that they had a relative who ate inedible items, but it was usually because they had very severe alcoholism. Someone told me they had a relative who would drink a whole beer and then crush up the bottle and eat the broken glass.

i used to eat pencils in 7th grade for cigarette money..

might not have been my wisest choice, says 35-year smoker....
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

MCRoads

How do you eat an entire airplane?!?!
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

formulanone

Quote from: MCRoads on April 03, 2021, 12:42:49 PM

It helps if it's stationary.

bing101

April fool's but it's sick?

kphoger

Quote from: formulanone on April 03, 2021, 12:54:46 PM

Quote from: MCRoads on April 03, 2021, 12:42:49 PM

It helps if it's stationary.

And it helps if the catalogs are stationery.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Road Hog

He had to be flying to the restroom at some point!

bing101

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Road Hog

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.