News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Favorite TV Episodes

Started by roadman65, April 28, 2021, 12:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nRjKC_OEcY
This one is an all time classic.  Threes Company Season Two Episode with Roper in Jacks bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6rrh6Sf_q8
Then this one where Archie Bunker throws a temper tantrum over a casual dating between his niece and Lionel Jefferson is priceless.

Then the flashback episode of Archie and the Meatheadwhere Meathead goes ballistic over Archie ignoring him and making an ethnic slur against his nationality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jYDpAf4XLM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWjrsx9cXg

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

OCGuy81

There's a few that come to mind.

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION. 

I was a huge fan of the series, and my favorite episode is called The Inner Light from the 5th season.  The premise is Picard is knocked out by a flash of light from an alien probe.  In the span of 24 minutes he lives an entire lifetime as another person on what was a doomed world. 

A lot of people go with The Best of Both Worlds for the best TNG episode, and it is incredibly good, but I stand by my favorite.

BREAKING BAD

Ozymandias and Granite State.  The third and second to last, respectively.  Things really being to fall apart quickly towards the end of a great series.

BETTER CALL SAUL

Bag Man from the most recent season.

Lots of series have had some great final episodes.  Of those, I enjoyed the finales of:

Fraiser
Cheers
MASH
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos (say what you will about this one. I thought it was brilliant)

Big John

Seinfeld - the Soup Nazi episode
M*A*S*H - The Fools Gold episode
All in the Family - The episode with Sammy Davis Jr.

Roadgeekteen

Episode 14 and 15 (The Boiling Rock Parts 1 and 2) of Season 3 Avatar the Last Airbender.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

texaskdog

Car 54 Where Are You?  "What Happened to Thursday?"  Al Lewis and Charlotte Rae fight every thursday night at 11 so Toody & Muldoon make them think thursday is really Friday.  Pretty soon they have the whole department thinking it's really Friday.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 28, 2021, 07:29:09 PM

I was a huge fan of the series, and my favorite episode is called The Inner Light from the 5th season.  The premise is Picard is knocked out by a flash of light from an alien probe.  In the span of 24 minutes he lives an entire lifetime as another person on what was a doomed world. 

A lot of people go with The Best of Both Worlds for the best TNG episode, and it is incredibly good, but I stand by my favorite.

Mine was season 7's The Pegasus. A little more off the radar than the usual suspects, but one of the rare episodes of TNG to have a main character be less than a shining beacon of right, moral behavior and faced with the consequences of such. Riker is faced with some old demons from a past assignment when his former commanding officer comes onto the Enterprise for a top secret mission.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

OCGuy81

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on April 28, 2021, 11:02:49 PM

Mine was season 7's The Pegasus. A little more off the radar than the usual suspects, but one of the rare episodes of TNG to have a main character be less than a shining beacon of right, moral behavior and faced with the consequences of such. Riker is faced with some old demons from a past assignment when his former commanding officer comes onto the Enterprise for a top secret mission.

That was a good one! If I recall, Terry O'Quinn was Riker's former captain. I kept thinking of him from his chilling performance in The Stepfather

Concrete Bob

The episode of Barney Miller where they ingest brownies laced with hashish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdYzMhV0OVk

KeithE4Phx

The Thanksgiving 1978 episode of WKRP In Cincinnati.

"As God is my witness... I thought turkeys could fly."  :)
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

kevinb1994

Quote from: KeithE4Phx on April 29, 2021, 10:35:16 AM
The Thanksgiving 1978 episode of WKRP In Cincinnati.

"As God is my witness... I thought turkeys could fly."  :)
Pretty sure Dave Grohl saw that one. Lol

1995hoo

South Park's episode called "The Red Badge of Gayness" (season 3, episode 14). It's the one where there's a War Between the States reenactment that the Union is supposed to win, but Cartman bets the other kids that the South will win not only the battle but the entire war; if the South wins, Stan and Kyle have to be Cartman's slaves for a month, and if the North wins Cartman has to be their slave. They accept the bet because the North is supposed to win the reenactment, but Cartman convinced the Confederate reenactors to fight to win and things get loonier from there.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

JayhawkCO

Sorry for any spoilers.

Game of Thrones - Red Wedding
Breaking Bad - I forget what it's called, but when Hank and Walt are in the garage and Hank confronts Walt about who he is
Quantum Leap - The last two episodes were awesome.  One he goes back as a coal miner in West Virginia and then he leaps into himself and tells his little sister that the Beatles broke up and plays her "Imagine" by John Lennon
Lost - When they find the Hatch
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - The D.E.N.N.I.S. System

Chris

OCGuy81

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 29, 2021, 01:44:29 PM
South Park's episode called "The Red Badge of Gayness" (season 3, episode 14). It's the one where there's a War Between the States reenactment that the Union is supposed to win, but Cartman bets the other kids that the South will win not only the battle but the entire war; if the South wins, Stan and Kyle have to be Cartman's slaves for a month, and if the North wins Cartman has to be their slave. They accept the bet because the North is supposed to win the reenactment, but Cartman convinced the Confederate reenactors to fight to win and things get loonier from there.

S'more Schnapps!

OCGuy81

Quote from: jayhawkco on April 29, 2021, 02:31:54 PM
Sorry for any spoilers.

Game of Thrones - Red Wedding
Breaking Bad - I forget what it's called, but when Hank and Walt are in the garage and Hank confronts Walt about who he is
Quantum Leap - The last two episodes were awesome.  One he goes back as a coal miner in West Virginia and then he leaps into himself and tells his little sister that the Beatles broke up and plays her "Imagine" by John Lennon
Lost - When they find the Hatch
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - The D.E.N.N.I.S. System

Chris

The Breaking Bad episode you refer to is S5 E9 "Blood Money". Great one!

Mr_Northside

With most shows I don't know I can truly pick out a favorite - though I have come to the conclusion that I do have a favorite episode of the original Star Trek series, and it is "The Doomsday Machine".
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

frankenroad

The last episode of the Bob Newhart show that took place in Vermont.   "You really should wear more sweaters".
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

nexus73

"Sliders" had an episode called "Luck Of The Draw", which I call "The Lottery Of Death".  In this episode we see an alternate San Francisco where people can take all the money they want from the lottery but it increases their chances of death.as the lottery is used as a means of population control.

What is thought-provoking is the attitudes towards death from those who live in this alternate timeline. 

Seeing Star Trek being mentioned makes me think we could have a thread all about the many series and movies it has.  There are so many great storylines to pick from! 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

OCGuy81

Quote from: nexus73 on April 30, 2021, 10:52:02 AM
"Sliders" had an episode called "Luck Of The Draw", which I call "The Lottery Of Death".  In this episode we see an alternate San Francisco where people can take all the money they want from the lottery but it increases their chances of death.as the lottery is used as a means of population control.

What is thought-provoking is the attitudes towards death from those who live in this alternate timeline. 

Seeing Star Trek being mentioned makes me think we could have a thread all about the many series and movies it has.  There are so many great storylines to pick from! 

Rick

I like the idea of a Star Trek thread! :-)

Scott5114

This is probably a better episode than we give it credit for, but my wife and I couldn't help but get distracted by the fact that the world Picard lives a life on is called "Kataan". We kept making jokes about how Picard was now a Settler of Kataan and how he was talking to so-and-so cause he wanted to trade sheep for wheat or whatever. Toward the end of the episode, Kataan builds a spaceship, making them Starfarers of Kataan, of course.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

OCGuy81

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 30, 2021, 03:58:27 PM

This is probably a better episode than we give it credit for, but my wife and I couldn't help but get distracted by the fact that the world Picard lives a life on is called "Kataan". We kept making jokes about how Picard was now a Settler of Kataan and how he was talking to so-and-so cause he wanted to trade sheep for wheat or whatever. Toward the end of the episode, Kataan builds a spaceship, making them Starfarers of Kataan, of course.

Ha! I can't believe I hadn't made that connection.  Pretty funny.

Henry

Quote from: frankenroad on April 29, 2021, 03:38:10 PM
The last episode of the Bob Newhart show that took place in Vermont.   "You really should wear more sweaters".

Then I guess that makes the Newhart series finale even more ironic, because Dr. Hartley wakes up in his Chicago apartment next to his wife and tells her about this weird dream he had, and then she tells him: "No more Japanese food before bed."
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

vdeane

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 30, 2021, 12:13:45 PM
Quote from: nexus73 on April 30, 2021, 10:52:02 AM

Rick

I like the idea of a Star Trek thread! :-)
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=18939.0
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

cwf1701

There's a few that come to mind.

And there is "Yesterday's Enterprise" also.

For a couple others"
M*A*S*H the one where the clock appears on screen.

Adam-12: The Beast. Reed and Malloy gets a car on its last legs.

Doctor Who: Remembence of the Daleks (one of the better 7th Doctor series)

I havent seen this one yet, but the one from Discovery where Tilly takes command of the Discovery while in the Mirror Universe.

Rothman

I have to seriously question the taste of anyone who thinks Remembrance of the Daleks was the best classic Who episode.  Right, the Doctor just nonsensically gives the magic thing a baseball bat...so Ace can beat a Dalek with it?  Blech.

Lots of better serials than that -- heck even The Ark from Hartnell was notches better.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Route66Fan

Season 8, episode 2 of the Red Green Show, "House Moving".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.