News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Getty to Lukoil

Started by NJRoadfan, August 23, 2009, 02:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJRoadfan

Lukoil took over all of the Mobil stations after ExxonMobil phased out the brand in NJ. Originally they took over the Getty brand stations and were slowly rebranding them, but some oddly remain.

Duke87

I don't think I've ever seen a Lukoil station anywhere which has self-service. So it's a natural switch, they're right at home in New Jersey! :biggrin:
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

Getting rather OT here, but I'm wondering where there's a Getty in this state.

Roadgeek Adam

There was one on NJ 27 until recently
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

akotchi

Cross the river into Pa. -- there are some Lukoils that are self-serve there . . .

There was a Getty at the Penns Neck Circle -- U.S. 1 and Washington Road in the Princeton area.  Not sure if it is still in business.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

njroadhorse

QuoteGetting rather OT here, but I'm wondering where there's a Getty in this state.
There's one on US 206 in Andover.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Roadgeek Adam

It was raining hard last afternoon - couldn't tell at Washington Ave
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Alps

I'm an idiot, there's still a Getty in my hometown.  Why haven't they switched?

yanksfan6129

Quote from: AlpsROADSI'm an idiot, there's still a Getty in my hometown. Why haven't they switched?

I don't know which Getty you are talking about, but I know there is a Getty on US 46 in Montville on the eastbound side near Chapin Road/Hook Mountain Road.

signalman

I know of 3 Getty stations in the greater Dover, NJ area.  One on NJ 15 south in Jefferson, one on US 46 in Dover, and one in the center of Denville on NJ 53.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.