News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Carolina Bays Parkway (SC 31)

Started by CanesFan27, September 20, 2009, 04:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdcrft63

Right now I don't hear anyone in Wilmington or in Brunswick County advocating an interstate upgrade from I-140 to the SC line. However, if the CBP is extended interstate quality to Supply, then the issue is bound to come up. The Bolivia Bypass can easily be upgraded to interstate status and that would leave only two relative short pieces north and south of Bolivia to be upgraded or replaced.

sprjus4

Quote from: wdcrft63 on February 15, 2022, 06:24:48 PM
Right now I don't hear anyone in Wilmington or in Brunswick County advocating an interstate upgrade from I-140 to the SC line. However, if the CBP is extended interstate quality to Supply, then the issue is bound to come up. The Bolivia Bypass can easily be upgraded to interstate status and that would leave only two relative short pieces north and south of Bolivia to be upgraded or replaced.
The Carolina Bays Parkway extension would connect to the Shallote bypass only. It's not planned to continue to Supply or Bolivia at this point.

Logically though, once the extension to Shallote is constructed, and with ever increasing traffic volumes on US-17, it's inevitable that remaining segment north to I-140 be upgraded to limited access.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.