News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Amazed (well not really) at the lack of common sense on the road today

Started by Crash_It, June 08, 2021, 08:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash_It

Who in their right mind would think what this Chevy driver did was a good idea?

https://youtu.be/g2bcZbaBhMY

Max Rockatansky

Amazed (well not really) that another lame Crash_It video got posted. 

jeffandnicole

You didn't see him till the last moment.  He didn't see you until the last moment. 

Whatevs.  Not sure where the common sense part of your title comes in, because clearly it's a residential area with cars parked on the roadway, limiting sight distance.

PS - Loved the "Come Onnnnn".

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jeffandnicole on June 08, 2021, 10:04:01 PM
You didn't see him till the last moment.  He didn't see you until the last moment. 

Whatevs.  Not sure where the common sense part of your title comes in, because clearly it's a residential area with cars parked on the roadway, limiting sight distance.

PS - Loved the "Come Onnnnn".

Gotta keep these harrowing commute videos through the concrete jungle exciting somehow.

I would pay money to see a Crash_It video on any of the following one-lane roads:

-  Kaiser Pass Road
-  Mineral King Road
-  Nacimiento-Fergusson Road
-  Blackrock Road 

kphoger

The driver merely pulled out of a small parking lot.  Nothing out of the ordinary about it, really.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kalvado

Quote from: kphoger on June 09, 2021, 09:35:48 AM
The driver merely pulled out of a small parking lot.  Nothing out of the ordinary about it, really.
Did so when Mr. Crash_It was on the road. That is not a smart move!

Max Rockatansky

Ordinary doesn't have shock value, hence the ominous music and douche bag levels of car horn. 

hbelkins

Things happen sometimes, especially if you have limited sight distance.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kalvado

Quote from: hbelkins on June 09, 2021, 11:17:10 AM
Can we say "speed to high for the conditions"?

kphoger

Quote from: kalvado on June 09, 2021, 11:30:46 AM

Can we say "speed to high for the conditions"?

The video shows he got up to 33 mph about one or two properties away from the stop sign, on a relatively narrow street with parallel-parked cars.  Yes, if the driver couldn't see that there was a car about to pull out onto the street, then he was driving too fast for the location.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

renegade

Cra_shit strikes again.  Don't forget to like and subscribe so we can all make him rich.   :spin:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

jmacswimmer

Amazed (well not really) that the collective response to this thread is identical to all the others - the exact opposite of what the OP is fishing for. :pan:
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jmacswimmer on June 09, 2021, 02:46:28 PM
Amazed (well not really) that the collective response to this thread is identical to all the others - the exact opposite of what the OP is fishing for. :pan:

I disagree, the OP is after shock value because that is what his channel survives off of.  The OP is just another peddler of garbage and sensationalized low quality media content.  This just happens to be somewhat road oriented, hence why he posts it here. 

This is why I threw out some of my favorite Forest Service Roads.  I would love to see a Crash_It video where the he would actually have to drive somewhat skillfully outside of a pampered urban environment. 

renegade

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 09, 2021, 03:37:56 PM
Quote from: jmacswimmer on June 09, 2021, 02:46:28 PM

I disagree, the OP is after shock value because that is what his channel survives off of.  The OP is just another peddler of garbage and sensationalized low quality media content.  This just happens to be somewhat road oriented, hence why he posts it here. 

This is why I threw out some of my favorite Forest Service Roads.  I would love to see a Crash_It video where the he would actually have to drive somewhat skillfully outside of a pampered urban environment.
Cra_shit is not capable of skillful driving.  His videos prove that. 
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

kphoger

Quote from: renegade on June 09, 2021, 03:42:13 PM
Cra_shit is not capable of skillful driving.  His videos prove that. 

Well...  That depends on how you define "skill".  He seems just as skillful at driving as the next guy, just much better at road raging.
Male pronouns, please.

Crash_It

He didn't even try from how it looked.

Brandon

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 09, 2021, 11:16:14 AM

Ordinary doesn't have shock value, hence the ominous music and douche bag FIB-ish levels of car horn. 

FIFY.  :bigass:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Brandon on June 09, 2021, 07:34:18 PM

Ordinary doesn't have shock value, hence the ominous music and douche bag FIB-ish levels of car horn. 

That's right, isn't this dude from Chicago or something?  Man, does that certainly fit the stereotype.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 09, 2021, 07:58:48 PM
Quote from: Brandon on June 09, 2021, 07:34:18 PM

That's right, isn't this dude from Chicago or something?  Man, does that certainly fit the stereotype.

As a fellow Chicagoland driver, I disavow.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

sprjus4

Narrow residential street, cars parked on one side, oncoming car, approaching a stop sign and corner businesses... 33 mph? Easily driving too fast for conditions. I'd be approaching that cautiously expecting someone to dash out at maybe 20-25 mph.

You get upset with the person... who had limited sight visibility and had no choice. You're speeding down the road and apparently he's at fault. If you were a true, skillful, defensive driver, you'd take account for the conditions around you, slow down, and anticipate someone to jump in front of you.

Crash_It

Quote from: sprjus4 on June 13, 2021, 02:37:37 PM
Narrow residential street, cars parked on one side, oncoming car, approaching a stop sign and corner businesses... 33 mph? Easily driving too fast for conditions. I'd be approaching that cautiously expecting someone to dash out at maybe 20-25 mph.

You get upset with the person... who had limited sight visibility and had no choice. You're speeding down the road and apparently he's at fault. If you were a true, skillful, defensive driver, you'd take account for the conditions around you, slow down, and anticipate someone to jump in front of you.

Speed limit on residential streets in that town is 30mph unless otherwise posted, there was plenty of sight visibility. I've came out onto streets in Chicago with worse visibility without issue (using the reflections in the parked cars as guidance). He didn't even try to look.

sprjus4

Just because the maximum posted is 30 mph doesn't mean you always drive at that speed. You were still in a narrow situation nonetheless (again, I personally would've slowed down to 20-25 mph to have a safer reaction time, and anticipate someone pulling out - it's called defensive driving which apparently you don't understand the concept of, as proven by many of your videos) and with no sight visibility, the guy pulled out and you appear out of nowhere. Again, there was nothing he could do. Your content on YouTube and claims are moot, and you like to gain clicks over often the most minor of mistakes by drivers, and nearly cause accidents in many instances (regardless of who's at immediate fault - if you would react defensively and anticipate, you'd avoid a lot of close calls).

Also, please, lay of the horn. You're doing no one a favor, and it's childish given the vast majority of the time you use it, it's because of the most minor error. It's funny, I've ran into situations similar to what you have many times, and have been able to comfortably anticipate, safely react, avoid any close calls, and rarely use my horn unless it's actually necessary.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on June 16, 2021, 01:53:57 PM

Speed limit on residential streets in that town is 30mph unless otherwise posted, there was plenty of sight visibility. I've came out onto streets in Chicago with worse visibility without issue (using the reflections in the parked cars as guidance). He didn't even try to look.

Narcissism and total self-assurance that you're never wrong must be nice. 

NWI_Irish96

Regardless of the speed limit, I want to see your annual bills for new brakes if you're consistently going 33mph that close to a stop sign. You were going to have to slam on your brakes whether there was another car there or not.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 16, 2021, 02:25:13 PM

Narcissism and total self-assurance that you're never wrong must be nice.

Point is.. If he looked he would not have jumped out like that either that or he looked and just didn't care. I go down that street all the time and that's one of the first times I've ever had an issue.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.