Meta > Suggestions and Questions

Suggestion for Regional Boards

(1/26) > >>

webny99:
Not sure if this has ever been proposed before, but wondering about combining the states that are currently "split" between different regional boards into a single board. For example, western New York is currently listed under Midwest-Great Lakes, but everyone pretty much knows that 99% of discussion about New York is in the Northeast board and would never think to check Midwest-Great Lakes. Same with PA, although there is some discussion of SW PA there.

It could look something like this:

Northeast - CT, ME, MA, NJ, NH, NY, PA, RI, VT
Mid-Atlantic - DE, MD, VA, WV
Southeast - AL, FL, GA, NC, SC
Midwest-Great Lakes - MI, MN, IL, IN, OH, WI
Mid-South - AR, KY, MS, TN, TX
Central-Great Plains - IA, KS, OK, MO, NE, ND, SD

The other regional boards not listed here don't currently have any split states. This proposal would eliminate Ohio Valley, but if that wouldn't work, you could pull WV, KY, TN, and possibly IN and OH from the boards where they're listed above.

And secondly, would it be possible to pin the general thread for each state within its respective board, as is done in the Northwest, Pacific Southwest and Mountain West boards? (This is especially pertinent for the Southeast board, where only Georgia has been pinned.)

SkyPesos:
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=10379.0

Anyways, I think with how established the forum is, it's pretty hard to move a big number of threads from its old board with a new system. Though I agree that the Ohio Valley board is the culprit of part of the mess that exists. And it's not that the regional boards are heavily enforced to the smallest detail anyways. Plenty of times I posted Cincinnati stuff in the general Ohio thread in the Midwest board because it's more active there.

--- Quote from: webny99 on March 03, 2022, 10:35:20 PM ---And secondly, would it be possible to pin the general thread for each state within its respective board, as is done in the Northwest, Pacific Southwest and Mountain West boards? (This is especially pertinent for the Southeast board, where only Georgia has been pinned.)

--- End quote ---
Yea, that would be a good idea.

webny99:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on March 03, 2022, 10:42:06 PM ---Anyways, I think with how established the forum is, it's pretty hard to move a big number of threads from its old board with a new system.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure any threads would need to be moved, aside from maybe a couple. All that would really have to be done is just changing the board descriptions.

NWI_Irish96:
For Indiana, nearly all threads are in the Midwest-Great Lakes forum anyway. The only thread that went into the Ohio Valley forum was the I-265 Ohio River bridge thread.

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: webny99 on March 04, 2022, 07:32:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: SkyPesos on March 03, 2022, 10:42:06 PM ---Anyways, I think with how established the forum is, it's pretty hard to move a big number of threads from its old board with a new system.

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure any threads would need to be moved, aside from maybe a couple. All that would really have to be done is just changing the board descriptions.

--- End quote ---
Well, all the Ohio Valley threads have to be moved if we’re getting rid of that board. That’s 459 threads already.

--- Quote from: cabiness42 on March 04, 2022, 07:35:14 AM ---For Indiana, nearly all threads are in the Midwest-Great Lakes forum anyway. The only thread that went into the Ohio Valley forum was the I-265 Ohio River bridge thread.

--- End quote ---
Also the I-69 thread, a big one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version