News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Road Triip to New Orleans and the Southeastern US

Started by Ted$8roadFan, October 31, 2022, 08:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

Just got back from a long road trip to New Orleans and other places in the south on the way there and back.

Part 1

Day 1: Boston-area to Winchester, VA

Mass Pike to I-84 into CT; I-91, CT Parkways into NY; NY Parkways, GW Bridge, NJ Turnpike, DE Memorial Bridge, John F. Kennedy Highway (I-95) toll roads to Baltimore; I-695; I-70W, US 340 through WV into VA to VA-7

Day 2: Winchester, VA to Bristol, VA

US 11 to New Market, US 211 east to US 340; US 33 to Skyline Drive's Swift Run Gap Entrance Station. Followed Skyline Drive south to its terminus in Crozet.

US-250 W to I-64 W to I-81 south.

Day 3: Bristol, VA to Birmingham, AL

I-81 south to I-40 to Knoxville. Drove around the beltways (I-275, I-640) in the hope of seeing the city, but ended up back at I-40. Followed I-40 W and I-75 S, continuing on I-75 to Chattanooga. Continued on  I-24 west of Chattanooga to I-59 in Georgia/Alabama. Continued on I-59 to I-459 outside of Birmingham.

Day 4: Birmingham, AL to New Orleans

Drove around Birmingham on I-65, 20 and 459 before continuing on I-59/20 S into Mississippi. Continued on I-59 South into Louisiana and junction with I-10. Continued on I-10 over the Twin Span Bridge into New Orleans.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.