News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Route 138, QC

Started by Roadgeek Adam, August 28, 2009, 11:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeek Adam

How long is it currently in miles? Not just from NY 30 to Natashquan, but including parts signed as Route 138, because I wanted to compare it to I-10 in Texas and US 101 in CA before being truncated? My head is thinking it will become the longest road in one state/province in North America when finished.

Help please?
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Hellfighter

If you count the additional 425 km, it turns out to be about 1134 miles in length.

Roadgeek Adam

Jesus, lord. I'd say that takes the cake.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

cu2010

Not quite. Highway 17 in Ontario is 1218 miles, or 1960 kilometers.

Of course, future expansions of Highway 417 will continue to shorten its length.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Dougtone

And this is how QC 138 ends now, as a gravel road at a river crossing.  I wonder how long it is a gravel road for, since I don't think the highway gets much traffic east of Sept-Iles.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5142840

froggie

According to a MapArt atlas and what little aerial imagery I could find, QC 138 is apparently paved all the way to Pointe-Parent, south of Natashquan.  The last 11 miles or so to the photo you linked to are gravel.

Bickendan

Alps

Hellfighter

Quote from: dougtone on August 29, 2009, 09:12:07 PM
And this is how QC 138 ends now, as a gravel road at a river crossing.  I wonder how long it is a gravel road for, since I don't think the highway gets much traffic east of Sept-Iles.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5142840

Now, we need somebody to do a Dukes of Hazzard!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.