News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New Brunswick 555: W End?

Started by yakra, September 15, 2010, 11:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

After NB95 was twinned in 2007, what happened to NB555?
Does it still connect to 95 at the west end with eastbound access only, similar to Vivglenn Rd further east?
Or is it something, uhh... different?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

yakra

I hear tell it's been truncated to NB540.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Alps

I would be the source of that information, having been through there and noticed the new end.  Signage was removed west of 540 and the road narrows/degrades slightly in quality.  I did not explore old 555 to see if it does dead-end at NB 95 like mapping suggests.

yakra

Did I interpret you correctly in thinking there's an END! sign? According to JPK, those are... never? Rarely?, used. Indeed I've never seen one in copious GMSVing around NB.

Alps

I believe there was indeed an end sign there, because I originally planned on following 555 west from there, and remember thinking "oh, it ends here."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.