News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I-17 & 19 in Arizona

Started by golden eagle, May 22, 2013, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rover_0

I'll bump this thread again, as I've sent a couple of mutually exclusive emails to AzDOT and NvDOT with proposals to either extend I-19 north along the planned I-11 (should I-11 reach Tucson), or to extend I-17 south to connect with I-19. These maps were also included in their respective emails:

I received responses saying that these responses have been passed on to planners. I expect to receive a response no earlier than October. :P
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Mark68

Why not have I-17 (or I-19 if renumbered) extend along US 89 to meet I-70 in Richfield? I would imagine some use as a shortcut from Denver to the Grand Canyon (and Phoenix). Maybe have an I-115 east from St George to meet it near Kanab.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

Molandfreak

Quote from: Mark68 on September 05, 2013, 04:07:40 PM
Why not have I-17 (or I-19 if renumbered) extend along US 89 to meet I-70 in Richfield? I would imagine some use as a shortcut from Denver to the Grand Canyon (and Phoenix). Maybe have an I-115 east from St George to meet it near Kanab.
Because that would require expensive engineering to put an interstate standard freeway along that stretch. And it would be extremely redundant to I-15 north of Kanab or so.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Rover_0

Quote from: Molandfreak on September 05, 2013, 04:25:35 PM
Quote from: Mark68 on September 05, 2013, 04:07:40 PM
Because that would require expensive engineering to put an interstate standard freeway along that stretch. And it would be extremely redundant to I-15 north of Kanab or so.

Agreed on I-17 being redundant north of Kanab; the only legitimate route I see at this point is having I-17 beeline to I-15 from Page.

However, I can see US-89 between Flagstaff and Page eventually becoming an up-to-standard I-17 (89 is being four-laned around Cameron and Tuba City), while the Page-Kanab section could get away with being substandard (see: I-93 and the Franconia Notch).

West of Kanab/Fredonia, I can see an Interstate spur coming off of I-15 ending just west of the area. I've wondered that if such a road were built whether they'd give it an I-x15 number or just number it I-17.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.