News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New Indiana State Highway Map

Started by billtm, June 02, 2014, 12:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billtm

I recently picked up the new (Mike Pence) Indiana "Official 2014 Roadway Map" just last week at the Lebanon rest area along I-65. And I have to say, this map is just... Horrible! :banghead: Gov. Daniels' map was one of the best state maps I have ever seen, and that map basically set my expectations for this map. When I first opened up the map, I was expecting a bunch of facts about Indiana on the back with info about the road construction projects going on around the state like in the previous map, but instead this map just had a back page full of ads. :ded: This map also folds like a piece of donkey! If you have it then you'll probably know what I mean. And now... Onto the corrections that need to be made:
I-164 is now I-69
The US 231 West Lafayette bypass is complete
State Roads 126 526 and 443 are all decommissioned
SR 25 has been split into 2 segments around Lafayette
US 52 now goes around Lafayette's south side
SR 25 goes through Logansport via Burlington Ave.
The South Side of the Logansport bypass is wrong
US 31 doesn't go beyond 465
SR 431 has been decommissioned
I-74 doesn't go beyond 465
SR 135 doesn't go beyond Thompson Rd.
The Accelerate 465 project needs to be on the map

As you can probably tell I really don't like the new Indiana state map.
What do you like/dislike about your state map? Are there any corrections that need to be made to it?

NWI_Irish96

In general, the lack of city insets is poor.  There used to be detailed city maps for just about every city over 40,000, and now it appears that there is only one for Indy.

Don't see any errors other than the ones you pointed out.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

mukade

I am not seeing some of the errors listed. The Lafayette changes technically happened right after the new map was released.

2014 Indiana Roadway Map

ysuindy

I stopped at the Welcome Center on Westbound I-70 tonight.  They had a machine for "Indiana State Maps".  I pulled the lever and received the 2013 Indiana tourism map.

So it appears the new maps have not made it everywhere yet.

Brandon

Got one, could be much better.  At least the inset for Indy is back.  Now, about that Calumet Region inset...
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

tdindy88

Those maps have been out for a good while. I picked one up at the Indiana State Fair last year. I'm almost expecting a 2015 map to be out in a few months.

thenetwork

I know that InDOT is notorious for NOT signing state or US highways along the major freeway bypasses (like I-465), but the least they should have done is to at least show the new US-24/US-30 alignments on the map around Ft. Wayne via I-469 & I-69. :pan:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.