News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Wisconsin Highways website

Started by bessertc, October 21, 2016, 01:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bessertc

I'd regard this as a bit of a "soft re-grand opening" of the Wisconsin Highways website, especially since the most difficult part of the project still lies ahead. But feel free to wander on over to www.wisconsinhighways.org and take a peek at what's been refreshed and, in some cases, updated. I've started in on the biggest of the big updates, including I-41's appearance, a few major freeway projects, and some other changes, but like I said, it's going to be a big job. I'm going to keep chipping away at the rest of the Michigan Highways refresh and update, too, but I just couldn't leave America's Dairyland out in the cold any longer! Thanks for the friendly jabs and pokes over the years to get me back on track with that one, guys!
Drive right. Pass Left. Please!

DaBigE

Quote from: bessertc on October 21, 2016, 01:34:26 PM
I'd regard this as a bit of a "soft re-grand opening" of the Wisconsin Highways website, especially since the most difficult part of the project still lies ahead. But feel free to wander on over to www.wisconsinhighways.org and take a peek at what's been refreshed and, in some cases, updated. I've started in on the biggest of the big updates, including I-41's appearance, a few major freeway projects, and some other changes, but like I said, it's going to be a big job. I'm going to keep chipping away at the rest of the Michigan Highways refresh and update, too, but I just couldn't leave America's Dairyland out in the cold any longer! Thanks for the friendly jabs and pokes over the years to get me back on track with that one, guys!

A big thank you for all you have done.  :clap: :clap:

You can't begin to imagine how big of a resource your website has been for so many (including other transportation professionals).

My only request is to ditch the winter background for another month or two... :biggrin:
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

dcharlie

Thanks Chris!! Have been waiting for this for years.  Looks great so far!!!

The Ghostbuster

I love the Wisconsin Highways website. I've learned a lot about the highways of my home state. The updates are much appreciated. I have one concern. The website doesn't list every state highway that has ever existed (especially some 3 digit state highways). I also noticed that the update did not acknowledge the decommissioning of STH-74 and STH-123. All in all, it is a wonderful website.

bessertc

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on October 21, 2016, 05:31:24 PM
I love the Wisconsin Highways website. I've learned a lot about the highways of my home state. The updates are much appreciated. I have one concern. The website doesn't list every state highway that has ever existed (especially some 3 digit state highways). I also noticed that the update did not acknowledge the decommissioning of STH-74 and STH-123. All in all, it is a wonderful website.

I guess I wasn't clear... the site is FAR from being completely updated! I will eventually touch each and every highway listing as I go through with a fine-toothed comb to make sure everything is as up-to-date and accurate as possible. Yes, the STH-74 and STH-123 things are really bugging me, but I'm trying to tackle the updates one at a time. I'm trying to track down my original files for the Milwaukee Freeways map as well so I can make the necessary (and major) updates to that, too! Stay tuned, because there are a lot more updates and changes in the hopper!  :thumbsup:
Drive right. Pass Left. Please!

hobsini2

I was wondering what happened to you Chris. Glad to see you are updating again.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Thank you very much, Chris, for your awesome website!  It has served as a fantastic resource for me and doubtless many other road geeks as well.  :nod:
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

invincor

Oh, goodie!  Yay for this!  Thanks, Chris!

peterj920

It's amazing how much can change in a few years time when it comes to highways in Wisconsin.  When Business 51 is updated in Stevens Point, it will be odd to see that within Stevens Point the route is under local control while the sections in Plover and Whiting are still under WISDOT control. 

The Ghostbuster

I understand that updating a website takes time. Fortunately I have excellent patience, and look forward to all further updates to the website, no matter how long they may take.

triplemultiplex

Glad to hear you have the time to update WisconsinHighways, Chris.  Your sites are a great resource for our community and I know I reference them often to fact check myself.  The state has been busy since the last round of updates.  If you need any field confirmation or photos in the Madison/southern WI area, a bunch of us are in the region and can check it out for you.  I'm sure we'd be happy to help.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.