News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Year 2000 Chicago Area Transportation Plan (Made in 1980)

Started by Brandon, February 04, 2010, 02:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Another blast from the past inspired by the Supplimental Freeway System found by Revive 755.

I was doing a Google search on FAP 431 (what became I-355) when I stumbled across the Year 2000 Plan made back in 1980.
http://www.cmap.illinois.gov/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=6666
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Revive 755

Technically that system was found by someone else on MTR a few years back.

From Page 21 (or 35/96) it seems the South Loop Distributor had been downgraded from a freeway grade facility by the time of this plan.  One of the plans from around the time the Crosstown I-494 route was canceled had it planned as a freeway from the Cermak Road spur off I-90/94 to Congress Parkway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.