News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Tollway to improve IL-47/I-90 interchange

Started by Brandon, September 21, 2011, 07:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

ISTHA is going to add ramps to increase the movements at the IL-47/I-90 interchange in Huntley.  However, the Trib needs to do some fact checking on the date the interchange opened.  Leave it to a roadgeek to catch the error.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-tollway-huntley-interchange-20110921,0,4487662.story

The error:
QuoteThe work will include six new ramps, an all-electronic toll collection system, bridge reconstruction on Route 47 over I-90, and traffic signal installation and lighting improvements.

Existing ramps only allow drivers to travel to and from the east on I-90. They were built as part of the original tollway system, which opened in 1958.

The ramps were opened in 1972.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Rick Powell

I am surprised this interchange is projected to cost $69 million.  The brand new interchange on I-80 and Brisbin Road in Grundy County went for a $19 million low bid, which included putting in four new ramps where none existed before, a 5-lane roadway and bridge, and extensive work on the adjacent US 6 intersection.  It'll be interesting to see the extent of work planned.

sandwalk

Finally.  It was always a hassle exiting to US 20 and then having to back track on country roads to get over to 47.  I'll be interested to see what they plan on doing with those utility poles and township road along the south side of the tollway....

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.