News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

KY 227 rerouted off old US 227 routing in Owen County

Started by hbelkins, January 29, 2012, 03:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

For those who like to travel old routings of decommissioned US highways, there's been a change in Kentucky that you should know about.

Previously, it was easy to follow the old route of the former US 227. If you started at Carrollton at US 42, you took KY 227 all the way to its terminus at US 460 west of Georgetown for the first leg of the route.

If you do that now, you will go off the former US route's path in Owen County.

KY 227 used to be concurrently signed with KY 36 from New Liberty east to US 127, then follow US 127 to Owenton. Now, KY 227 has been rerouted along the former KY 978 between New Liberty and US 127.

To follow old US 227, stay on KY 36 east at New Liberty and turn right onto US 127 south. Once KY 227 joins US 127 just north of Owenton, you can continue to track KY 227 to trace the old US route.

The change was officially approved in March 2011, but was just recently signed in the field.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Henry

This is the first time I've ever seen a mention of US 227 anywhere! When was that route decommissioned?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

NE2

Quote from: Henry on February 07, 2012, 03:59:47 PM
This is the first time I've ever seen a mention of US 227 anywhere! When was that route decommissioned?
www.usends.com
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.