News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

October 2017 Made History!

Started by webny99, October 31, 2017, 11:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 03, 2017, 03:39:25 PM
Now November 2017 has made history: NE2 made a comment with which probably just about all of us would agree!  :-D

Now that's something newsworthy. The end must be near.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

jemacedo9

Wasn't there a post by or about webny99 that mentioned OCD? 

Aligning statistics with a string of 4s seems to be an OCD thing.......

adventurernumber1

Quote from: webny99 on November 03, 2017, 03:54:35 PM
Through being so widely hated, I have learned a few life lessons. The world is a cold, hard, deceitful place. It will take and take and take and never give you anything in return.

Goodbye and good riddance. The hatred is mutual. Hope you all know where you're going, and hope I've given you some food for thought.

:pan:  :banghead:  :no:

V V V

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on November 02, 2017, 06:30:26 PM
I also put as much effort into my posts as possible, and everyone should. I don't slap random crap posts together in a race to be the "Post Count Winner." Some of my posts are long, and some of my posts are short, but all of them have purpose behind them.

I do hope that you have a change of heart, because I don't want you to abandon the entire roadgeek community (at least on this forum) just because of a silly number. Please think about it.

Where in that post did I imply that I have hatred for you (especially in the parts that I have emphasized in this quote)?

I am trying to help you, but you have to be able to help yourself!

I don't even think NE2's post came off as hateful in this instance.

I know you had good intentions, but when you are in a "race" to quickly create 44 threads/topics of your own, then inevitably some of them might seem to others like "filler" threads. It's just the truth.

Also, I am just a little bit confused with what you said here:

Quote from: webny99 on November 03, 2017, 08:20:04 AM

:-D :-D
I could care less about the number. The number has no specific significance, as I have said many times. If I do "abandon" the forum, it will have nothing to do with post count, and I will still always be a roadgeek. I really don't care that much, but I did really enjoy the good reaction I got from pretending I cared.

Are you saying that the whole time you have been pulling our legs just to get a reaction from us??  :confused:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

1995hoo

I don't have anything against webny99. I just don't see the point of this thread.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

roadman65

I think everyday makes history in a way.  You just got to know where to look.  As far is this forum goes it is what it is.   
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Takumi

Through being so widely hated, I have learned a few life lessons. The world is a cold, hard, deceitful place. It will take and take and take and never give you anything in return.

Goodbye and good riddance. The hatred is mutual. Hope you all know where you're going, and hope I've given you some food for thought.
Your fedora is showing.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Rothman

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on November 03, 2017, 06:27:37 PM

I don't hate you. You just post pointless threads that nobody likes and you refuse to listen to advice  :banghead:.
Hm...who's the bigger jerk here?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

rickmastfan67

You just post pointless threads that nobody likes and you refuse to listen to advice  :banghead:.

Hmmmm?

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

21stCenturyRoad

I don't hate you. You just post pointless threads that nobody likes and you refuse to listen to advice  :banghead:.
My, oh my! It's the f***ing black pot calling the kettle black!
The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.

Scott5114

What little point there was to this thread has been thrown overboard. Locking.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.