News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Happy veterans day!

Started by Roadgeekteen, November 11, 2017, 03:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Remember to respect the veterans today.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cjk374

That should be an everyday occurrence.  :nod:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

nexus73

Took my DD 214 down to the local Sizzler and enjoyed a free meal of half a dozen shrimp and a baked potato.  This happens once a year.  When I was in the USAF, once a month is how often we got a really fancy meal.  That was pretty special!  Even basic training saw the chow line nicely loaded up with great offerings but your amount of time to eat was limited.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

english si

Is Veterans' Day meant to be happy? I guess it can be in a 'Good Friday' sense. Also, I guess you USA-dwellers remember on Memorial Day instead.

roadman

Quote from: english si on November 12, 2017, 07:54:05 PM
Is Veterans' Day meant to be happy? I guess it can be in a 'Good Friday' sense. Also, I guess you USA-dwellers remember on Memorial Day instead.
Memorial Day is meant to remember and respect those veterans who have died in the service of the country.  Veterans Day is meant to remember and respect those veterans who have served their country and are still alive.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

froggie

As one of said veterans, we tend to honor ALL veterans (whether dead or not) on Veterans Day, while Memorial Day is as mentioned...honoring those who died.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.