News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

FADED Beyond Recognition

Started by architect77, November 01, 2014, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7/8

These two exit signs for Kirkman Road in Orlando, FL have very faded I-4 shields (both photos taken northbound this morning).

7/8

This I-370 shield is very hard to read (taken on NB I-270 in Gaithersburg, MD)

JJBers

*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

7/8

This scenic route sign has seen better days. This is on Grey CR 13 just north of Grey CR 4 (formerly a King's Highway) just east of Flesherton, ON.

JJBers

Reviving this thread for this photo

Buckland St. by JJBers, on Flickr
Those direction signs are really badly faded
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

ErmineNotyours

Eth

This speed limit sign on GA 5/280 in Marietta has seen better days:

MNHighwayMan

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought these were relevant.

This is the route marker on US-169 NB right past the north ramps to/from I-90. Interesting that the digits have survived (mostly) but not the rest!

At one time, this sign was brown. Not anymore...

...but some of the brown is still hiding under the MN-13 marker.

ErmineNotyours

ErmineNotyours

Brian556

Quote from: formulanone on September 06, 2016, 02:50:38 PM
Quote from: mefailenglish on August 26, 2016, 07:25:47 PM
Not as bad but also badly faded:

Is this one still standing? I thought all the Kodachrome US 41 shields were gone...

How am I seeing this Photobucket pic in 2018? Do you have a paid account with them?

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Brian556 on December 17, 2018, 11:40:07 PM
How am I seeing this Photobucket pic in 2018? Do you have a paid account with them?

Don't quote me on this, but I'm guessing they went back to allowing linking, just now with that stupid watermark.

Eth

I'm not even entirely sure why there's an I-4 shield on this sign, so maybe it's actually good that it's unreadable.

mgk920

About 8-10 years ago, Greenville Township (just west of Appleton, WI) replaced a major percentage of their street name blades with the cheapest ones that they could find (typical of Wisconsin townships - Grrrr....) and now it is getting hard to find ones' way around there due to many/most of them having faded to unreadability.

Mike

formulanone

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

csw

US71

csw

I'm going to have to go snag a photo of that. Nice find.

ErmineNotyours

Quote from: formulanone on January 04, 2019, 10:43:24 AM

Where is this located?

Boeing Access Road, south of Seattle

(Go forward and spin around to see another button copy sign, and an arrow pointing down against temporary opposite-direction traffic.)

jakeroot

Along Broadway in Downtown Tacoma, WA:

US71

"County Road"
old US 277/US 281 near Randlett, OK

ozarkman417

While randomly browsing GSV, I found This US 31 shield, that looks like it's about to lose it's 1. looking closely it is on an old button-copy sign.

wolfiefrick

South Outer Forty ("SO TH O T    O  T") at Woodlake Drive. Town and Country, Missouri.

https://goo.gl/maps/UPqUUY5A8mVL1n7k7

ozarkman417

Quote from: wolfiefrick on November 26, 2019, 10:10:25 PM
South Outer Forty ("SO TH O T    O  T") at Woodlake Drive. Town and Country, Missouri.

https://goo.gl/maps/UPqUUY5A8mVL1n7k7
Given what the sign spells, it was probably vandalized  :-D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.