News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Question about Google Maps and US 37

Started by Lightning Strike, January 09, 2012, 05:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning Strike

I was recently looking for a place to kayak in Southern Michigan, when the link for the map led me to the town of Middleville, MI. At first glance I was like ok, the town isn't too far out of way for a trip in the summer. Then I looked again and saw a US Highway Shield for US 37. I traced it to it's southern terminus just west of Battle Creek, MI and it's northern terminus just south of Traverse City, where it ends at US 31. According to Wikipedia, it has been commissioned for 31E through Kentucky, but no mentions of through Michigan. Is there an error on Google's end or has it recently been commissioned through Michigan?

*If this is old news I apologized, I searched the forums with no luck of this being mentioned before*

InterstateNG

I demand an apology.

Scott5114

Always double-check another map before trusting Google Maps whenever you find anything unusual!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

vtk

Somewhere on this forum is a thread about Google Maps errors, in which I believe this issue has been mentioned already.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.