AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 02:01:51 AM 
Started by jpm - Last post by MarkF
That, and the leftmost lane NB is closed for whatever reason. Any signage of it when it was open? I've had to go by it every time I've been to the OC.

That was the "PAL Lane" that closed in 2006:
https://www.ocregister.com/2006/03/14/border-patrol-ends-pal-program/

Wish I had photos of the old checkpoint, I recall they usually coned off two lanes and just had a Border Patrol officer standing behind a stop sign waving people through, with a BP vehicle (its red lights flashing) parked to the right in one of the closed lanes.  This was under a sign bridge with black overhead signs:
 STOP HERE
U.S. OFFICERS
with flashing red lights on each side.  As noted before, these overheads were mechanical and flipped the display to blank when the checkpoint was down.

on: Today at 01:04:20 AM 
Started by Alex - Last post by Buffaboy
Did anyone else notice yellow license plates starting to give way? I saw maybe 6 peeled off plates within past two days, mostly Fxx- series.
Didn't last a full decade...
With more and more AET facilities being introduced, this may become an interesting way of avoiding toll..

Yes actually, I saw a car with this today. I thought it was snow or something but that's impossible.

Very disappointing.

on: Today at 12:36:49 AM 
Started by mukade - Last post by bmeiser
It looks like they started the widening on the Columbus to Seymour segment of I-65 last week: http://www.wdrb.com/story/37950941/indiana-officials-break-ground-on-143-million-expansion-of-i-65

Looks like it was funded by the 10 cent gas tax increase last year. https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/indianapolis/construction-season-is-officially-underway-in-indiana

So what parts of I-65 will still be two lanes after this and all current projects are complete?  I know northern Indiana better than southern so please correct me if I'm wrong on this list.

Radially out from Indy:

• US 52 - IN 38 - 27 Mi
  • IN 25 - IN 2 - 65 Mi
  • IN 44 - IN 58 - 26 Mi
  • US 50 - Blue Lick Rd? - 34 Mi

I wonder which segment (or part of a segment) will be done next?  Many bridges between IN 25 and IN 2 are already wide enough for 3 lanes and the Kankakee River bridge is being expanded so I'm sure parts of that will be done in the not so distant future.  Although, to me, it makes sense to continue from IN-44 down to IN 58.  Much shorter segment and pretty heavily traveled.  What do you guys think?

on: Today at 12:30:33 AM 
Started by Roadrunner75 - Last post by NJRoadfan
They removed the ACE shield from the new signs for no apparent reason. I'm surprised the SJTA hasn't complained about their branding going missing.

on: Today at 12:29:10 AM 
Started by 1 - Last post by NJRoadfan
Not exactly.  With the exception of what appears to be a grandfathered Double Trouble Road at southbound Exit 80, the Parkway only does 500 routes.  No 600.

The signing at Exit 80 thru 82 haven't been replaced yet. Heck, there is still button copy advance signing northbound for Exit 81 and 82 that survived the widening project. Eventually its all getting replaced with Exit 82 getting converted to a proper A/B setup.

on: Today at 12:25:34 AM 
Started by Alps - Last post by NJRoadfan
Middlesex County's own documents don't note CR-807's existence. NJDOT's SLDs for county 600/700 routes should be taken with a grain of salt since most of them are outdated or otherwise incorrect.

on: Today at 12:12:25 AM 
Started by LM117 - Last post by Flint1979
This right here is perhaps the most outdated Kmart I have ever seen. I'm surprised that this store survives when I was in it there were maybe 3 people total inside the store that I saw. You should see the inside of this store.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.6934381,-83.3904745,3a,19.3y,34.47h,88.9t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s71xEi736Nvtf-UIegEYOBA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D71xEi736Nvtf-UIegEYOBA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D69.30811%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

on: April 20, 2018, 11:50:58 PM 
Started by rickmastfan67 - Last post by D-Dey65
Not so much "crazy" as "frighteningly common".
Well, yes. But I just thought I'd point it out anyway.

on: April 20, 2018, 11:13:37 PM 
Started by Alex - Last post by Alps
Did anyone else notice yellow license plates starting to give way? I saw maybe 6 peeled off plates within past two days, mostly Fxx- series.
Didn't last a full decade...
With more and more AET facilities being introduced, this may become an interesting way of avoiding toll..
No, in New Jersey the yellow plates are all going slowly in the left lane, not giving way.
Yeah, over here you can tell NJ cars by the wake turbulence they leave behind as they try to get airborne....
Someone stole my runway on the ride home. D:

on: April 20, 2018, 11:13:04 PM 
Started by Zeffy - Last post by Alps
What exactly is left to be done before the I-95 gap is officially closed?

The overpasses themselves are poured.  There is a lot of slope, ramp, paving and concrete work to be done though on the ramps and along existing I-95.
Right now there pretty much isn't even an existing 95. It's been reduced to rubble.
3,000 miles of gravel?
At least 3,000 feet.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.