AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

on: Today at 07:05:03 AM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by 1
293 and 295 are close, although in different states, while 294 is much farther away. Same with 393 and 395. (93 and 95 were already mentioned.)

on: Today at 06:56:18 AM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by Scott5114
Except 69 is going to intersect 70 in Indianapolis. The two are only a few miles apart as it is.

on: Today at 06:44:08 AM 
Started by Kniwt - Last post by 1
(I-15 ID/MT, I-70 UT, I-77 WV, others?)

I-95 ME

on: Today at 06:14:51 AM 
Started by ghYHZ - Last post by ghYHZ
^ Excuse me? 

There’s really no excuse when you make a comment such as a highway to nowhere. If you have family ties to Newfoundland you should be well aware this highway is that provinces life-line to the ferry now that the railway is gone.

So you drove it a couple of times from ’06 to ’14 but haven’t recently. I drive it nearly every day between Antigonish and New Glasgow and DO know the conditions.

Maybe not protests but a lot of whining and anger……..

Another ridicules comment! You just have no idea!......and as AsphaltPlanet said:

”I bet most people in Antigonish had no idea that the federal government contributed money for the subway extension………..Most people around the country probably just go around their day to day lives rather than worry about Toronto”

And that’s the way I see it. If a Downtown Relief Line is needed in Toronto...…so be it. It would be highly unlikely you would ever hear a protest from here. I'm well aware of the population of Ontario and also the Brampton area...having family in Bramalea. I'm there regularly (just 3 weeks ago) I also use your road and rail infrastructure.

GO Regional Rail provides a very good service. My closest rain is in Truro….3 day a week to Montreal but still my tax dollar funds VIA Rail’s multiple trains per day  throughout the Ontario/Quebec Corridor but I’m not complaining.

All I'm saying is look after  our need too and we’ll be happy!

on: Today at 05:54:59 AM 
Started by yand - Last post by 1
Welcome from northeastern Massachusetts!

on: Today at 04:34:20 AM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by Scott5114
You got a shitty therapist. The good ones don't act like that.

I've never personally needed therapy, but my wife and some of my close friends have, and it's important to find a therapist that works well with you. Some people go through several until they find one they really gel with that can improve matters.

I don't think the stereotypical couch thing is actually something anyone uses. I went to one of my wife's therapy sessions at her request and they just had a couple of regular office chairs to sit in. "Shrink couches on TV" seem like an infomercial product—just apply heat and the couch can easily be stored in the closet!

on: Today at 04:32:21 AM 
Started by Desert Man - Last post by Scott5114
Getting your article as "today's featured article" is a hell of a lot of work, and US road articles like this are done by roadgeeks like you and me. This particular one was done by an Iowa roadgeek under the pen name Fredddie (I'm friends with him on Facebook but I don't know if he's cool with me giving him a real-name shoutout).

on: Today at 03:53:58 AM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by NE2
A couch is just an obese chair.

on: Today at 03:34:36 AM 
Started by webny99 - Last post by Scott5114
Airport Road (SH-152) in Oklahoma City.

If we're counting parkways, Lake Hefner Parkway (SH-74) also in Oklahoma City.

on: Today at 03:13:10 AM 
Started by Tom89t - Last post by jakeroot
New Brunswick is flashing. That caught me by surprise when I was out there in 2016.

I want to say that Ontario is the lone user of solid green arrows in bi-modal displays. Unless you've seen it in Quebec? I see (reading above) that the flashing green arrows are pretty common over there.

Pretty sure MB uses the flashing green arrow as well.

In Canada? I think so. I haven't seen one elsewhere.

Yeah. I've always thought that, if the green and yellow arrows are going to share a single face, one should be differentiated by more than just color. A flashing green arrow, IMO, is brilliant. Surprised that Ontario doesn't utilise it (anymore?). I would love to see the option here in the US. Though, with the advent of the FYA, I doubt any additional research into traditional yield-on-green signals is warranted.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.