AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

on: Today at 10:40:05 AM 
Started by Alps - Last post by J N Winkler
I'm not sure there's any in Europe that aren't STOP or СТОП (STOP with cyrillic letters), save for the Turkish DUR signs in that SE corner.

I can't think of any besides Turkey myself.  Stop signs themselves are much more common in Ireland because there is no warrant for their use that involves nonresolvable limitation of visibility (the main factor that makes them as rare as hen's teeth in the UK), and in fact they are the expected provision at side intersections off N-roads.

Some further exploration of the Irish tenders site reveals that contract documents become available for free public download (no requirement to login) after the tender closing date, and local councils do significant amounts of direction signing through pure signing contracts.  I have so far found a N22/N69 reclassification in Tralee and a few R-road signing contracts in Sligo with probably a few hundred signing sheets all told.

on: Today at 10:37:20 AM 
Started by Elm - Last post by webny99
Welcome from Upstate NY!  :wave:

on: Today at 10:28:33 AM 
Started by Jim - Last post by AsphaltPlanet
Chippewa Falls -> US-53 -> Superior, WI:

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/WI/US/53/US53_WI_Superior_Aug15_24x16.jpg

on: Today at 10:18:05 AM 
Started by jbnv - Last post by formulanone
US 730, the highest-numbered US Route still posted...in Umatilla, Oregon:
Any idea what that little green sign is, beside the guard rail? Doesn't look like a mile marker.

I'm not sure of the official name, but Oregon's Department of Transportation puts small reference markers on state-maintained bridges with mileage and inventory data.

on: Today at 10:02:44 AM 
Started by jbnv - Last post by US 89
Novi Rd --> Ivan Allen Jr Blvd

(yes, yet another Atlanta-area sign)

on: Today at 09:49:22 AM 
Started by jbnv - Last post by AsphaltPlanet
Oregon -> Novi (Novi, Michigan):

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/MI/I/96/I96_MI_dv_161-9_east_Aug18_24x16.jpg

on: Today at 09:38:09 AM 
Started by Grzrd - Last post by US71
According to Wikipedia, there are two proposed exits in Texas (with Arkansas-based mileage)

I-369 south – Houston  (Exit 44)

CR 2320 / Hush Puppy Road  (Exit 46)

on: Today at 09:02:41 AM 
Started by mukade - Last post by thefro
https://indianapublicmedia.org/news/indot-hopes-to-reach-substantial-completion-of-i-69-section-5-in-coming-weeks.php

A couple weeks to go (hopefully) for substantial completion of Section 5:

Quote from: Indiana Public Media
The Indiana Department of Transportation hopes to have mainline construction on I-69 Section 5 wrapped up within the next couple of weeks.

That means drivers can expect some lane and ramp closures.

The southbound ramp of I-69 that connects to eastbound State Road 45/46 will close Monday. INDOT Strategic Communications Director Scott Manning says crews need to install guardrails and fix deteriorating pavement.

"The ramp from I-69 to State Road 45/46 actually existed before the I-69 project, it was part of State Road 37," Maning says. "So, that ramp has been there for many years and has seen the wear and tear that’s come along with that."

Drivers coming from the north can access SR-46 by exiting at Walnut or Third Street to access SR 46 east.

Crews also plan to patch local roads that experienced increased traffic as a result of I-69 construction. That includes Fullerton Pike, Leonard Springs Road and West Tapp Road.

Manning says crews also need to install drainage, signs and lighting along Section 5 before the project is considered substantially complete. All of that work depends on weather conditions.

on: Today at 07:48:38 AM 
Started by Brandon - Last post by LM117
https://www.businessinsider.com/sears-could-liquidate-in-weeks-court-filings-show-report-2018-10

on: Today at 07:32:51 AM 
Started by Elm - Last post by adwerkema
Welcome from Michigan!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.