News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The VMS Body Count Club

Started by SSOWorld, November 26, 2014, 06:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSOWorld

so far from my observations - as well as others speaking on Facebook, the following states have been displaying Public Service Announcements stating how many deaths from accidents in the calendar year:

Missouri (h/t KHarvey10), Tennessee (h/t codyg1985) Iowa, Illinois and now Wisconsin (first spotted by me today in Madison, mgk920 may have spotted them earlier in Appleton).  The questions can be asked about this and it can be trolled (in fact it is being trolled).  What's the point?  We can't help them anymore, they're dead.  The Zero deaths in... campaign many DOTs have are good to point out an awareness to alert - and sober (in WisDOT's case they're targeting drunk driving), but this is stupid.

Anyone else notice this in states you live in?
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Duke87

Saw it on a portable VMS in Delaware a couple weeks ago, showing deaths this year and last year (this year was higher). Not sure if this was DelDOT's doing, though, may have been local.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

hotdogPi

I hope they don't look like this...

DEATHS
THIS YEAR

HELP US
REACH ONE
THOUSAND

BEFORE
END OF
YEAR
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

briantroutman

They were all over Texas on a recent drive from Houston to Austin.

I don't think I've seen a death count in Pennsylvania, although I've frequently seen PennDOT advertise a citation count in large scale construction areas. Something like

STRICT ENFORCEMENT
366 CITED TO DATE
DON'T BE 367

Also–the thread title reminded me of this from the classic days of Nick at Nite

myosh_tino

Quote from: 1 on November 26, 2014, 06:15:28 PM
I hope they don't look like this...

DEATHS
THIS YEAR

HELP US
REACH ONE
THOUSAND

BEFORE
END OF
YEAR

Reminds me of a fictional VMS I made for a different topic here...

Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

GaryV

I've seen at least one on a Metro Detroit freeway.  Maybe more - after all, it is pretty easy for them to send out the message.

It's no worse than the cutesy trying to rhyme messages they sometimes use.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.