News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Northeast Gateway (Blacklands Corridor (Texas Turnpike Corporation)) Dallas Tx

Started by Guysdrive780, November 29, 2014, 12:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you for or against this toll road?

Build
1 (100%)
No Build
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 29, 2015, 12:19:10 PM

Guysdrive780

Something that deserves it own topic.

Usually, TXDOT does a public private partnership. This includes SH130 5 & 6. But This Highway is completely different. Instead, we have a company based in Highland Park called the Texas Turnpike Corporation that has spent 5 million dollars to do a study of a road to help with relieving congestion though the north of Lake Ray Hubbard. This would become the first totally privately operated toll road in Texas.

In order to build a road you have to have approval from the state. The Corporation went to The North Central Texas Council of Government or NCTCOG. They started putting up public meetings. The first, they picked a small location and it reached its Maximum capacity. So the fire marshall shut down the meeting and it was rescheduled in Rowlett. There was strong opposition against the new road. saying that their peaceful homes would be gone. There was also a controversy around if this company had eminent domain powers. Only the state has that power but also it can be approved by the state. So NCTCOG was going to update there 2035 mobility plan. If the Corridor is added, then its over

When the Update came. The Corridor wasn't added. Therefore, NCTCOG didn't recommend the corridor. But TTC isn't giving up.

Here is a map http://nctcog.org/trans/corridor/Staff101714.pdf

Project Website: http://www.texasnortheastgateway.com/

Tell me your thoughts
I run the DOT Youtube Channel, Part time Worker for TXDOT, College Student studying Civil Engineering (Traffic Engineering). Please Keep in mind, I do not represent TXDOT and all opinions I say are my own and not TXDOT's

NE2

Quote from: Guysdrive780 on November 29, 2014, 12:18:22 PM
This would become the first totally privately operated toll road in Texas.
Wasn't that the Camino Colombia Toll Road?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Guysdrive780

Quote from: NE2 on November 29, 2014, 01:38:44 PM
Quote from: Guysdrive780 on November 29, 2014, 12:18:22 PM
This would become the first totally privately operated toll road in Texas.
Wasn't that the Camino Colombia Toll Road?
The Camino Colombia Toll Road was a public privite partnership I think
Now as I think about it. It might have been. I might be wrong
I run the DOT Youtube Channel, Part time Worker for TXDOT, College Student studying Civil Engineering (Traffic Engineering). Please Keep in mind, I do not represent TXDOT and all opinions I say are my own and not TXDOT's

dfwmapper

The discussion is moot. Without NCTCOG support, the project is dead. The developers have already moved on to other things.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.