AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Houston: HCTRA appears to be readying huge ship channel bridge project  (Read 9248 times)

TXtoNJ

• Last Login: Today at 11:45:59 AM
Re: Houston: HCTRA appears to be readying huge ship channel bridge project
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 05:23:52 PM »

I'm assuming they will build the west span first, demolish the existing structure, and then finish the east span? If so, would you guess completion in the 2026-2028 range, with the first lanes opening around 2022-3?

MaxConcrete

• Last Login: January 15, 2018, 08:26:45 PM
Re: Houston: HCTRA appears to be readying huge ship channel bridge project
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 05:40:35 PM »

I'm assuming they will build the west span first, demolish the existing structure, and then finish the east span? If so, would you guess completion in the 2026-2028 range, with the first lanes opening around 2022-3?

Yes, your construction sequence is consistent with my understanding. The new northbound span (east span) will be in about the same position as the existing span.

According to the Traylor site, project completion is scheduled for December 2023. That's a fairly aggressive schedule, considering that each of the three major phases (built west span, remove existing span, built east span) must proceed one at a time in series, after the prior phase is complete.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.