News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

High-Intensity Activated Crosswalk Signal (HAWK)

Started by southshore720, December 05, 2015, 02:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southshore720

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Amtrakprod

Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

roadfro

Quote from: Amtrakprod on February 03, 2018, 10:17:17 AM
Arlington MA installed one last June, they removed it again in December. My videos of it:

It looks like this was installed at an intersection (even though this side T intersection is relatively minor). I personally think HAWK signals should not be installed at intersections, so this was probably a good change.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Amtrakprod

Quote from: roadfro on February 03, 2018, 12:40:05 PM
Quote from: Amtrakprod on February 03, 2018, 10:17:17 AM
Arlington MA installed one last June, they removed it again in December. My videos of it:

It looks like this was installed at an intersection (even though this side T intersection is relatively minor). I personally think HAWK signals should not be installed at intersections, so this was probably a good change.

I agree, I just wish that more were around.
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.