News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What basically was supposed to be bathroom talk became a shitstorm...

Started by Billy F 1988, April 24, 2016, 02:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy F 1988

...and Curt Schilling getting the swift kick up the shaft by ESPN for scathing social media posts. What was this about? A new North Carolina law barring transgenders from using restrooms that do not correlate with the sex at birth of some kind. So, um, Curt...I thought your job description was BASEBALL ANALYST, not SOCIAL ETHICS ANALYST or POLITICAL ANALYST. No wonder some people here don't like ESPN. It's one thing to get mad that the black suits in NC put this in place, but when you push things too far beyond the code of conduct ESPN has put into place, that's when you become an attention-getting, leering, obsequious bag of hot air no one wants to take time to listen to and Curt Schilling just became that description this past week. I'm not gonna repeat what the meme mentioned nor the picture that Schilling was referring to that got him fired, but basically, put it this way: it's a sort of agree-with-this-or-you're-blankity-blank type of response.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.