News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Fake street signs warn of 'easily startled' police in Twin Cities

Started by bing101, July 24, 2017, 09:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

sparker

Quote from: bing101 on July 24, 2017, 09:20:14 PM
http://www.startribune.com/fake-street-signs-warn-of-easily-startled-police/436208463/

Its not a city sign but a protest sign that managed to go on the streets.

Tragic circumstances -- but a much more civilized and subdued response than street riots!  I'd go so far as to say that this response is more than appropriate -- and the subtle sarcasm expressed is a small step in the right direction inasmuch as active protests are concerned.  Of course, the signs will come down in short order -- some official will cite defacement of public property (the signpost); but they likely won't even mention nonconformity with MUTCD standards! 

MNHighwayMan

If I had the money to do this, I'd make MUTCD compliant (insofar as that's possible) ones and go install them myself.

sparker

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on July 25, 2017, 06:59:16 PM
If I had the money to do this, I'd make MUTCD compliant (insofar as that's possible) ones and go install them myself.

Right -- first get rid of that orange background; it says "temporary", like construction-zone signage -- just redo the signs in a compliant font within a standard yellow-orange cautionary color scheme, and you're good to go!  And don't install them with sheet-metal screws; use bolts & locknuts fortified with Loktite (i.e., make 'em hard to remove!).  Personally, I'd like to see how many get posted at any given time prior to the inevitable teardown efforts!

BTW, this signposting has made most of the web news sites (I view the Bing one several times per day, and it was up about 8 a.m. PDT).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.