News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Pikeville III?

Started by hbelkins, December 19, 2017, 03:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

On my way home yesterday, I checked out some of the continuing construction on US 460 in Pike County, Ky., and Buchanan County, Va. I'm wondering if perhaps another Pikeville meet might be in order at some point in the future. The bridge over Pond Creek in the Draffin community will be the tallest bridge in Kentucky when it's done. Right now they are just clearing brush beneath the bridge, so it will be a while before the work really gets ramped up in that location. Meanwhile, the big bridge over VA Secondary 610 near Breaks is done and construction is still ongoing south of there.

This is definitely a much-later-in-2018 meet, if not sometime in 2019, but I'm curious if there'd be any interest in another meet there.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

dgolub

Quote from: hbelkins on December 19, 2017, 03:04:10 PM
On my way home yesterday, I checked out some of the continuing construction on US 460 in Pike County, Ky., and Buchanan County, Va. I'm wondering if perhaps another Pikeville meet might be in order at some point in the future. The bridge over Pond Creek in the Draffin community will be the tallest bridge in Kentucky when it's done. Right now they are just clearing brush beneath the bridge, so it will be a while before the work really gets ramped up in that location. Meanwhile, the big bridge over VA Secondary 610 near Breaks is done and construction is still ongoing south of there.

This is definitely a much-later-in-2018 meet, if not sometime in 2019, but I'm curious if there'd be any interest in another meet there.

Since I have yet to make it to Kentucky, I'm definitely interested.

jpi

Same here as long as my schedule allows
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

A.J. Bertin

I would definitely consider it.
-A.J. from Michigan

Brandon

I'll definitely consider it.  Never been to that part of Kentucky.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Bitmapped

I'd be interested, especially if there is more mileage open to drive than just the US 23-KY 195 section.

Rothman

Eesh.  I'd be interested, if only because I'd like to head down there to visit Kingdom Come State Park and Big South Fork NRA as well, but I'd be quite the maybe for it.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

Quote from: Bitmapped on December 19, 2017, 11:54:05 PM
I'd be interested, especially if there is more mileage open to drive than just the US 23-KY 195 section.

There's been some paving done on what appears to be what will eventually become a ramp from KY 80 to the new road, and it looks like some paving has been done south of the bridge over KY 1373. However, there's no pavement on the north end of the bridge over VA Secondary 610. I'm thinking there may be an idea of opening the segment between KY 80 and where VA 80 will split off, which would allow for a bypass of Elkhorn City and that really curvy section between there and the state line.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

cl94

I'd be interested, especially if it's at a time when I can either hike Mount Rogers or get up Clingmans Dome. Neither is that far from Pikeville, relatively speaking.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.