News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Thread locks

Started by Marf, December 29, 2017, 07:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marf

Could we please have threads locked less?
Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

kphoger

Is it your freaking goal in life to get banned from this forum?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Brandon

Sure, along as we don't have them veer off into stupidity or politics, or have any more stupid threads started.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

formulanone

Is it too much to ask that the under-18 crowd follow a few suggestions:

1) Think before posting – not the other way around

2) Act like an adult – see how actual forum regulars conduct themselves

3) Don't post unless you actually have something to say that's relevant to the topic. It's actually possible to read the thread and (gasp)...not contribute.

4) The forum isn't a chat room; it's also not Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, nor Snapchat.

5) In case you haven't realized, moderation exists because somebody did something stupid:  Adding more stupid = bad.

6) Take a deep breath before you post. You're probably overreacting because that's what teenagers do. We were all there at some point.

7) Nobody else cares about your excuse that you're an misunderstood and obsessed weirdo and that your life has unusual circumstances. See line 6...we're all freakin' weird in some way, but some of us figured out how to not let it drag us down into despair and make others miserable. 

8) If you ask a question, stick around to actually care about the answer(s).

The noise is starting to really drown out the signal for the past year or so. I think I'm speaking for a lot of the regulars here who think there's little being done about the same bunch of low-quality-yet-high-post-count members that seem to pollute nearly every thread. 

kphoger

Quote from: formulanone on December 29, 2017, 08:01:50 PM
2) Act like an adult – see how actual forum regulars conduct themselves

It is starting to irritate me, members who are barely old enough to drive acting like they're the boss of the internet.  My generation and younger really don't have a sense of what it means to become a part of something bigger than yourself, to assimilate, to serve the needs of the community above your own.  My generation and younger think everyone else must bow to their wishes, must mend their hurt feelings, must give them encouragement and support.  And it makes me want to puke sometimes.

Quote from: Marf

The moderators have zero responsibility to lend credence to any opinion you might have.  Discussions about how the forum operates are only permitted to go on at all by their good graces.  Your not already having gotten a swift kick out the door amazes me.  If you want a place to make everyone mad at you and get in arguments, go to Reddit or something.  If you want to stay on here and tap into what this online community has to offer, than quit acting like a five-year-old and show some respect.

[/soapbox]
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Alps

Could we please have Marf banned until age 18?

Marf

Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

:banghead:

the lack of meaningful content from this person is killing me!

Let's start over, shall we?

Hello,

My name is Trenton, I hope to see more meaningful and thought provoking content from you in the future!

See you soon!

There! Does that help any? Maybe the fact we haven't addressed what we are looking and hoping for out of our community users? Thought provoking content... Meaningful, contribution worthy content... any of these word ring a bell?
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Marf

For content from me, see https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21782.0 or follow the link in my sidebar.

DaBigE

Quote from: Alps on December 29, 2017, 08:41:23 PM

Or have some kind of exam minors must pass before being granted membership? Not necessarily on roadgeekery, but moreso on forum etiquette?
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

21stCenturyRoad

Quote from: Alps on December 29, 2017, 08:41:23 PM
Same for Roadgeekteen
The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.

hotdogPi

I was 14 when I joined, and there didn't seem to be a problem with that. noelbotevera registered at age 11, is 13 now, and is contributing just fine. Age by itself isn't a problem.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

renegade

In b4 lock:

Too many children spoil the party.  End of story.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Marf

You do know how ironic that is, right?

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Marf on December 29, 2017, 07:02:38 PM

How about, let's stop doing things to get all these threads locked.  :hmmm:

But seriously, Marf, please try to tone it down with the lame forum etiquette and the provoking people and all that. I hate to say this, but you're sitting here ridiculing people for being banned or that should be banned, yet you yourself are on thin ice, according to the moderators. You aren't helping your case!!  :no:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

adventurernumber1

Also, for what it's worth, while feedback and constructive criticism can be helpful sometimes, your creation of this very thread contradicts your wish to have less threads locked - the truth is that threads like this will almost inevitably be locked, and given the fact that this thread was probably started because a thread was locked because you screwed it up, that really isn't helping your case, and I'm sorry to say that, but it's true.  :no:

Please save yourself now and shape up, before you get in any more trouble or cause anymore chaos on the forum.  :-|
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

US71

COULD YOU PLEASE QUIT DICTATING WHAT YOU THINK ADMINISTRATORS OR MODERATORS SHOULD DO?
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED BEFORE.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rickmastfan67

Not when you call out other users & the Admin crew.  Be happy that your ban is only a week (right now).  Keep this up, and you'll earn the exclusive 10,000 year ban. ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.