News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

National Park Service Maps

Started by andy3175, January 01, 2018, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy3175

Thought this link, which connects to a site with over 1,000 National Park Service maps, would be of interest to members of this forum:

http://npmaps.com/

The site is not officially affiliated with the National Park Service but has quite a few maps from the agency's repertoire collected in one place.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Rothman

That's good, since some time ago, the NPS inexplicably switched their online maps to "park tiles" which are much less detailed and user friendly than their previous zoomable unigrid maps.  Thankfully, most significant sites are reversing that decision, but hopefully this website fills in the current gaps.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

inkyatari

A good chunk of my map collection is devoted to National Park Maps.  I'm extremely interested in the historical maps, but any of them are awesome.

In 1997, on my honeymoon, the wife and I went to the Dept. of Interior building, just to get one copy of each National Park Map.  'twas a thing of Beauty.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Max Rockatansky

Nice!   I actually have a box full of NPS maps in the garage.  I still need to set up my display for all the National Parks.  Usually I ask for two copies at gates or visitor centers.  I want to say I have at least 20 from Yosemite alone.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.