News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Caltrans Large Scale Pavement Delination Projects

Started by jeffe, February 24, 2018, 01:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffe

Caltrans is really going all out with projects to upgrade pavement striping to 6 inch.  There are $27 million and $10 million projects to replace striping on I-10 and I-15 and Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.  A $16.5 million project will do the same on I-80 in Placer, Nevada, and Sierra Counties.

This reminds me of the large projects to replace overhead button copy signs with retroreflective ones.

Going forward, we'll probably see more similar large upgrade projects; perhaps upgrading bridge railings to current standards would be one possibility.

jrouse

Yes, the plan is to restripe all the major interstates, Hwy 99, and Hwy 101 with 6 inch stripe.  The other highways will be restriped over time.  The idea is to demonstrate the work that can be done with an increased gas tax.  If SB 1 remains in place, you will see other large upgrade projects, such as median barrier replacement.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.