News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

45Nx90W

Started by mgk920, March 09, 2018, 06:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk920

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/wisconsin/wi-45-90-parallel/

I've been to that little roadside park several times, mainly in the 1990s and 2000s and very early 2010s, but it looks like it's time to go back there and check it out again. The previous times that I was there, the actual point was in an inaccessible location in a farm field (private property) about 300 m east and 50 m north of the marker in the roadside park.

Since then, just this past year, this little park has been majorly upgraded and, thanks in part to the generous actions of the farmer, the area has been surveyed and a marker placed on the exact point.  The park upgrades include a public pathway that leads from that former little park (now a parking area) to a small fenced enclosure around the marker.

*WAAAAAY SERIOUS GEEK FACTORS AT WORK HERE!*

:nod:

Google aerial image:
https://goo.gl/maps/YqR2fyYx5iw

Also, Streetview shows the exact point, zoom in on the above image a couple of steps and it is the southeasternmost blue dot when you hold the little guy over the image.

(Notice that it is on aptly-named 'Meridian Rd')

Enjoy!

Mike

froggie

Huh....wish I'd have known about that when I took WI 64 back East from Minnesota last summer...

SSOWorld

It's not well advertized - in fact, the only highway reference sign mentioned says "Geographical Marker <--" on WIS 29 near Edgar (west of Wausau).
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Rothman

Saw the sign for it and stopped along the way to Green Bay before they revamped the "geological" marker.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.