Quality of cartography for Thomas Brothers Street Atlas has changed in 2016.

Started by ACSCmapcollector, March 13, 2018, 03:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

I have noticed one thing in the quality of the cartography for Thomas Brothers Street Atlas has changed since 2016.  I was at a Barnes and Nobles looking at the San Diego County as well as the Los Angeles and Orange County editions that came out in 2016 have only one red line for freeways inside of two very thin black lines, where they used to been 2 lines in red (double).  Rand McNally, I think would be the obvious cause of this, because it is not the same quality as when that edition came out in 1990!

skluth

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: skluth on March 14, 2018, 10:57:02 AM
It sounds like the issue is symbology, not quality.

Well the proof is there, there is a change in their own cartography with one red line for a freeway from two lines (double), the proof is with my own eyes and source.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on March 14, 2018, 08:25:20 PM
Quote from: skluth on March 14, 2018, 10:57:02 AM
It sounds like the issue is symbology, not quality.

Well the proof is there, there is a change in their own cartography with one red line for a freeway from two lines (double), the proof is with my own eyes and source.

I think it is a formatting change, rather than a symbology change that took place.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.