I got a traffic barrel!

Started by MCRoads, June 14, 2018, 12:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCRoads

I got a traffic barrel! That brings my collection to 3 24-inch cones, a "candlestick"  cone, and a traffic barrel. My grandparents live in NM, and they got one from the D6 maintnence depot. Does anyone else have have one? If so, how did you get it?
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: MCRoads on June 14, 2018, 12:59:06 PM
I got a traffic barrel! That brings my collection to 3 24-inch cones, a "candlestick"  cone, and a traffic barrel. My grandparents live in NM, and they got one from the D6 maintnence depot. Does anyone else have have one? If so, how did you get it?
You're going places, kid! You maybe be able to get into a state job no problem! Is your family in a state DOT position?

iPhone
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

traffic light guy

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 15, 2018, 05:42:05 AM
How bad does it smell?

They probably don't smell too bad, they probably smell like tar and plastic

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: MCRoads on June 14, 2018, 12:59:06 PM
I got a traffic barrel! That brings my collection to 3 24-inch cones, a "candlestick"  cone, and a traffic barrel. My grandparents live in NM, and they got one from the D6 maintnence depot.

I woudn't mind seeing some pics....
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Scott5114

Quote from: traffic light guy on June 15, 2018, 11:02:34 AM
How bad does it smell?

I found a disused traffic cone once and brought it into my apartment. It reeked. It put off the smell of rubber–kind of like a car tire but a bit more acrid and plasticy–which wouldn't be that bad, but for the fact that it was strong enough to fill the entire living room. You'd come in from outside and think, "Wow, it smells like traffic cone in here."

I ended up returning the cone to the wild, leaving it somewhere that it looked like a cone should be.

MCRoads

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 16, 2018, 04:17:57 AM
Quote from: traffic light guy on June 15, 2018, 11:02:34 AM
How bad does it smell?

I found a disused traffic cone once and brought it into my apartment. It reeked. It put off the smell of rubber–kind of like a car tire but a bit more acrid and plasticy–which wouldn't be that bad, but for the fact that it was strong enough to fill the entire living room. You'd come in from outside and think, "Wow, it smells like traffic cone in here."

I ended up returning the cone to the wild, leaving it somewhere that it looked like a cone should be.

Smells a little like plastic, but it isn't noticable over the ambient smell of my room.

Here is some pictures:
https://m.imgur.com/0NSjisK,QFEo1wh,qzoTdut

Lol, that corner is going to get a lot of attention when people come to my room.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

more room plz

Brian556

Brand new PVC cones emit a strong odor. The older ones not so much. Never been able to smell a plastic device.

MCRoads

Isn't that the "new car smell"  as well?
Interstates traveled:

more room plz

Scott5114

This particular cone was made of a soft material. Definitely not PVC, and it definitely wasn't new car smell.

MCRoads

^^If my grandma smelled it, she might recognize the smell, she has run over a candlestick come that committed suicide.....
Interstates traveled:

more room plz

US71

I used to have a small roller skate cone. I'd use in my driveway when the neighbors were having parties so they didn't try to block me in.

Only thing I have now is a yellow safety vest I rescued from the roadside a couple years ago. I wore it to a Halloween Party a couple years ago as a flagman (complete with a Stop sign taped to a stick).  :)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

wanderer2575

I have three pristine traffic barrels, complete with flashing light attachments (although the battery packs have long since died).  I didn't steal any of them; I rescued them all from abandonment after projects had ended and the subcontractor had picked up the barrels but these were left behind (e.g. knocked down a slope or into a brush bed).  I've actually used them a few times to block off parts of the driveway for homeowner projects.  Once when I went out to a metropark to do some bike riding (I had a roof-mounted bike rack at the time), my wife put one of the barrels in the driveway to stop me and remind me that I had to remove the bike before pulling into the garage.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.