Regional Boards > Southeast

Atlanta

<< < (182/186) > >>

Tomahawkin:
Well, after modifications, the 285 Westside and IH 20 interchange will be set to begin in 2025. The over 1 billion project will be on par with the 285 SR 400 interchange. That means it will probably take 7-8 years to complete. This is understandable given the hilly terrain and the need to add Bridges over the Chattahoochee river

Tom958:

--- Quote from: Tomahawkin on December 12, 2022, 07:23:46 AM ---Well, after modifications, the 285 Westside and IH 20 interchange will be set to begin in 2025. The over 1 billion project will be on par with the 285 SR 400 interchange. That means it will probably take 7-8 years to complete. This is understandable given the hilly terrain and the need to add Bridges over the Chattahoochee river

--- End quote ---

I wanted to go to the public meeting on December 13th, but I skipped it for one of my company's several Christmas parties.

I wanted to ask why they're adding an eastbound lane from Factory Shoals Road to the I-285 offramps except over the Chattahoochee River. I'm at a loss to understand that.

I'm hearing that this weekend, weather permitting, southbound GA 400  will be shifted to its new alignment from the Abernahy-Hammod offramp almost to 285. We'll see, I guess. It sure will be nice for the days of that left-side onramp from Abernathy to southbound 400 to be over.

Tomahawkin:
Yeah, I bleeping loathe that left hand merge off Abernathy to 400 especially while trying to get to the 285 ramp.

In another project. I saw that a 2 lane bridge will carry traffic from Druid Hills road North to the IH 85 south ramp to alleviate the congestion on the bridge. I'm guessing that this intersection will be something similar to what was done at the US 78 SR 124 interchange in Snellville. That project was putting a bandaid on a bullet wound IMO...

Georgia Guardrail:

--- Quote from: Tom958 on December 14, 2022, 05:34:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tomahawkin on December 12, 2022, 07:23:46 AM ---Well, after modifications, the 285 Westside and IH 20 interchange will be set to begin in 2025. The over 1 billion project will be on par with the 285 SR 400 interchange. That means it will probably take 7-8 years to complete. This is understandable given the hilly terrain and the need to add Bridges over the Chattahoochee river

--- End quote ---

I wanted to go to the public meeting on December 13th, but I skipped it for one of my company's several Christmas parties.

I wanted to ask why they're adding an eastbound lane from Factory Shoals Road to the I-285 offramps except over the Chattahoochee River. I'm at a loss to understand that.

I'm hearing that this weekend, weather permitting, southbound GA 400  will be shifted to its new alignment from the Abernahy-Hammod offramp almost to 285. We'll see, I guess. It sure will be nice for the days of that left-side onramp from Abernathy to southbound 400 to be over.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I really hope they do.  Because that is a huge bottleneck.  I imagine that when they do this they will also shift the SR 400 exit ramp to Abernathy to where the new Marta ramp has recently opened up.

Tomahawkin:
Does anyone know what the purpose of putting a roundabout on the ramp of the Buford/Spring street connector serves? I think it's going to be used as a way to take traffic away from the Monroe Drive ramp. IMO this does nothing and will be a waste of taxpayer money...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version