Regional Boards > Mountain West

Tolls proposed for Cottonwood Canyons

<< < (2/13) > >>

Rothman:
Absurd for me to pay tolls for a road my taxes also paid for.  Double whammee.

triplemultiplex:

--- Quote from: Rothman on March 02, 2018, 09:57:18 PM ---Absurd for me to pay tolls for a road my taxes also paid for.
--- End quote ---
Why is that absurd?  Especially when the revenue goes to improving and maintaining that road?

Rothman:

--- Quote from: triplemultiplex on March 04, 2018, 06:29:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on March 02, 2018, 09:57:18 PM ---Absurd for me to pay tolls for a road my taxes also paid for.
--- End quote ---
Why is that absurd?  Especially when the revenue goes to improving and maintaining that road?

--- End quote ---
See the rest of the post that you did not quote.

The Ghostbuster:
It's the old "double taxation" argument Rothman is making. Here's a suggestion: What if the option were to just pay tolls for the road instead of paying gas taxes and tolls for the road? Get rid of the gas taxes altogether. Would that be more fair, in your opinion?

Rothman:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on March 05, 2018, 04:37:46 PM ---It's the old "double taxation" argument Rothman is making. Here's a suggestion: What if the option were to just pay tolls for the road instead of paying gas taxes and tolls for the road? Get rid of the gas taxes altogether. Would that be more fair, in your opinion?

--- End quote ---
Absolutely.  I have always said tax me or toll me, but never both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version