Regional Boards > Mid-South

US 57 border to I-35: Interstate status not justified

<< < (2/15) > >>

Rothman:
Wonder how much it's costing...but if they're using Statewide Planning and Research funding (SPR), FHWA has gobs of that...

Some one:

--- Quote from: 1 on September 30, 2022, 07:54:22 AM ---This is a route that I would like to keep the 57 number, upgrade or not. The number 57 is specifically because it's mainly Mexico's route. It's analogous to NB 95.

--- End quote ---
They'll probably rename it to Interstate 57 and find a way to connect it to I-57 in Little Rock. (if/when that happens)  :-D

Henry:
Oh great, another Interstate corridor in TX? How many more can they get?

I'm surprised that I-35 has only one child in the entire state, that being I-635 in Dallas. Now would be a perfect time to give it another spur route along the US 57 corridor. How about I-135?

BlueOutback7:

--- Quote from: Some one on September 30, 2022, 01:09:16 AM ---I-12? Is TxDOT finally considering a Houston to Austin interstate?

--- End quote ---

Austin to Houston is more of a priority than US 57 given the large population of the two metro areas. What are the traffic counts of US 57 between Eagle Pass and I-35? Is this really necessary?

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: Some one on September 30, 2022, 12:02:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: 1 on September 30, 2022, 07:54:22 AM ---This is a route that I would like to keep the 57 number, upgrade or not. The number 57 is specifically because it's mainly Mexico's route. It's analogous to NB 95.

--- End quote ---
They'll probably rename it to Interstate 57 and find a way to connect it to I-57 in Little Rock. (if/when that happens)  :-D

--- End quote ---
Take over all of I-30, and you got I-57 south to Dallas at least  :-D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version