Regional Boards > Mid-South

Exit 66 on I-45 in Houston

(1/2) > >>

CtrlAltDel:
I will be traveling to IAH from College Station this next Tuesday as part of my trip from for Thanksgiving. I've been planning my route, which typically takes me south on I-45 and getting off at exit 66 to FM 1960. Google Maps is telling me that this exit is closed. So, I'm asking people who are a bit more local if that is in fact the case. Does anyone know?

texaskdog:
Houston is 1.5 hours away from Houston.

bwana39:
A better question is why you are planning on being of I-45 in the first place...

CoreySamson:
I saw about a month that there is some construction in the area on some feeder bridges over some creeks. I would avoid I-45 in that area in general and instead take SH 249 to Beltway 8 to the airport if you are fine with tolls. Alternatively, you could just take SH 6 to US 290 get on 1960 from there. I believe most of the offending construction is on the feeder of I-45; 1960 does not have any construction on it right now.

thisdj78:

--- Quote from: CtrlAltDel on November 19, 2022, 04:12:25 PM ---I will be traveling to IAH from College Station this next Tuesday as part of my trip from for Thanksgiving. I've been planning my route, which typically takes me south on I-45 and getting off at exit 66 to FM 1960. Google Maps is telling me that this exit is closed. So, I'm asking people who are a bit more local if that is in fact the case. Does anyone know?

--- End quote ---

Not sure why itís having you exit 1960. None of the routes I pull up on google maps have you take that exit, they all have 45 south traffic taking Beltway 8 to IAH (if I bypass tolls). If youíre ok with tolls, as others noted, there are quicker routes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version